Parenting
Options

help! baby daddy problems!!

I need to vent and see what other suggestions people have for me.  My son is 10 weeks old.  Before I gave birth, his father always used to say "OH, I?m going to be the best dad!"  Well, as soon as he was born and came home from the hospital all that went out the door.  I just recently got laid off from my job and so I?m a full time stay at home mom and doing schooling online at the same time. We agreed that his ?shift? was from 4p-9p.  But that doesn?t happen either.  When it?s BD shift, he?ll tell me, ?oh, I need to relax so I?m going to play games? and when it?s time to change poop diapers, he runs away and just leaves him on the changing table and comes to get me.  Even at night he won?t wake up to see if I need help with baby. He?ll just ignore his crying. 

On the weekends, I stay my mom?s house so they can spend time with the baby.  The original plan was for BD to come stay with us but he doesn?t.  His excuse is that it is boring and that my parents don?t interact with him.  Well he hasn?t even given them a chance to get to know him so how can they interact with him? And what kind of excuse is that?? It?s boring??! Omg LAME. 

I currently live at his house with his family.  And I want OUT!  Every time I say something which isnt negative or sassy, but more like a concern, he?ll take it and tell me? why you always got to say something?!? ?You don?t like my family or what?!?  He turns that small thing into a HUGE fight.  Then he part that kills me is when he tells me ?go back to your mom?s house and let?s do split custody already! Just go and leave me my son!?  He?s always throwing split custody in my face.  And it really makes me feel like he doesn?t care about me?.also, whenever he has a bad day at work or loses money with gambling, he gets mad at me and blames me and takes out his anger on me?.rude!

But if we do that I don?t want his family watching because it isn?t safe for baby.  His mom runs a foster home and he thinks she can watch 3 wheelchair patients (that NEED 24/7 WATCHING), baby, and 3 pit bulls.  I DON?T THINK SO!  Don?t get me wrong, I LOVE pitbulls, but I?m more comfortable if I raised them myself and they grew up with my baby as well?.not already grown up?..There are so many stories you hear on the news about the family pets attacking the baby because they think it?s a toy.  And she?s always in my business and always has something to say when I?m carrying my baby?.it?s like hey lady, you had kids almost 30 YEARS AGO and I help raise my goddaughter who is only 2 and my 2 nephews?.so I have had some recent experience?and honestly, what daughter wants to get advice from some other mom?its more comfortable in your own house and with your own mom?

So here is my question?I want to move back into my house because I?m tired of the way my bf treats me and how he doesn?t help me?I don?t know how to tell him without split custody being thrown in my face again?..help please!  L

Re: help! baby daddy problems!!

• Options
    Doesn't Teen Mom provide you with any counseling services?
  • Options
    ho brah!  no need for any smartass answers....i just looking for suggestions...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You should definitely go back to your own parents right now IMO. Unless you can prove abuse you can't keep the baby from his father, so split custody is what it would have to be.

• Options

he sounds verbally abusive; he wants to have split custody and he can't even share the demands of a baby with you right there?

you should go back with your parents 

• Options
    Get out ASAP. It doesn't sound like he cares enough about you OR the baby to go through the hoops of a custody battle IMO, so I wouldn't even worry about that. Let the loser go and cut ties. If you keep him around your poor son will turn out the same way.
    imageimage
  • Options

If this isn't MUD, then run, dont walk, with your baby to your parents house.

If he is too lazy a$$ to change a diaper I highly doubt he will hire a lawyer and go to court over split custody. Get out and don't look back. This is now about your son and not you or the father. The environment you describe doesn't sound healthy for an infant and if you have loving parents then I say GO GO GO!!!

Good luck!

• Options
    thank you all for your support and suggestions. yea i know i'm young but i ain't stupid. i just feel stuck and needed some advice...i'm tryin hard to get a job but the healthcare field that i was in is just so in demand...(specially since i was 1 of a 1000 employees that got laid off cause the hospital shut down.... : )  and no, i aint planing on getting another bf if this one dont get fixed....i dont need more drama raising my son...gotta focus on finishing my nursing major so i can provide a better life for him...
  • Options

imagefernane:
    Get out ASAP. It doesn't sound like he cares enough about you OR the baby to go through the hoops of a custody battle IMO, so I wouldn't even worry about that. Let the loser go and cut ties. If you keep him around your poor son will turn out the same way.

This.  Also, next time he leaves his baby alone on a change table to go find you, document the s**t out of that.  That's dangerous and unacceptable parenting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"