TTC After a Loss

Nightly Confessions

Let's hear it ladies.

BFP #1: 8/2011 ** EDD:  5/9/2012 **  Missed m/c discovered at 13 weeks

BFP #2: 4/4/2012 ** EDD:  12/24/12 ** Born: Charlotte "Charlie" Olivia   12/18/2013, 8 lbs 1 oz, 21 inches!!!  

Re: Nightly Confessions

• Shoes/shoe shopping...I don't see the fascination

::ducks to avoid being hit::

Cycle 7: BFP 1-17-12, Missed Miscarriage at 8w6d (measured 7w2d, no HB), D&C 2-29-12
    Cycle 9: BFP 5-3-12:EDD 1-24-13 It's a girl! Born 12-27-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I cut a woman off today for being a b!tch and cutting in front of me, turning without signaling, driving while talking on her cell and just being an all around twatwaffle.  Well she ended up turning into my parking lot behind me for work.  I tried to drive around and lose her so she wouldn't see where I parked, but part of me got glorious satisfaction.

BFP #1: 8/2011 ** EDD:  5/9/2012 **  Missed m/c discovered at 13 weeks

BFP #2: 4/4/2012 ** EDD:  12/24/12 ** Born: Charlotte "Charlie" Olivia   12/18/2013, 8 lbs 1 oz, 21 inches!!!  

• Loading the player...
  • imageDC2London:

I'm going to try really hard to word this carefully so I don't offend anyone...

I am devastated by my loss.  Some days the sadness is crushing.  But then I look at what some other women have been through, and I feel so guilty for being so hurt by my one, early loss.  Some of my dear friends from BOTB and some girls here have had late-term losses, still-births, or multiple losses and here I am having a giant pity party for my one loss at 8w.  I feel guilty about it....I feel like I have no right to be sad when others have endured so much more sadness.

With that said, I never, EVER feel that way about anyone else mourning their loss.  My heart aches for every woman who has suffered a loss, regardless of when or how many, and I have never once thought that another woman had any less right to mourn than another.  Just me....I'm just hard on myself, I suppose. 

I feel like you many times.  I wasn't even 8 weeks, and my mom often says, "At least you never saw the heart beat." Which both makes me feel ashamed of my pain and makes my pain feel trivialized.  However, at the end of the day, pain is pain, and you only know what YOU feel and experience. 

I talked about this with my psychiatrist whose son died in a car wreck at 17.  I made him get choked up b/c I said that I felt so petty, having never met my child but being devastated while he lost a son he had held, loved, made memories with.  He told me flat out I was ridiculous, a parent is a parent regardless of time and "real" memories and I was allowed to feel hollow. 

I still struggle but it really helped me; I hope it helps you.

• imageaussiedaze:
    I cut a woman off today for being a b!tch and cutting in front of me, turning without signaling, driving while talking on her cell and just being an all around twatwaffle.  Well she ended up turning into my parking lot behind me for work.  I tried to drive around and lose her so she wouldn't see where I parked, but part of me got glorious satisfaction.

Twatwaffle has got to be THE MOST AWESOME word I've never heard of. I can't wait to be able to use it in a real sentence!!

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• I love my husband very much and LOVE spending the weekends with him, the random weekday holiday where he is home, and vacations out of town.  However, he took Weds, Thurs, and Fri off work so was home with me all day.  It has driven me crazy to have my routine so disrupted.  I will be glad when next week is back to normal.
  • I'm thinking of spending the entire day tomorrow in my pjs.  It will be rainy and I deserve a pj's day.  Maybe even a pancake breakfast.

3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are in the 2ww, so I'm limiting the amount I drink. Sad The past week has been craptastic (and that is probably being optomistic about it!) and I had plans to meet my coworker out at the bar. I got there at the appointed meeting time, had my 1 glass of wine for the night, and she never showed (I was there 40 minute!!). I even called her twice and she didn't answer. I'm so angry right now I'd probably punch her if I saw her. But on Monday when I see her at work, I will be all nonchalant about her standing me up instead of telling her it really hurt my feelings. I'm so weak sometimes.

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• imagekpowers982:

Shoes/shoe shopping...I don't see the fascination

I hate, hate, hate shoe shopping...almost as much as I hate going to Home Depot. But I like shoes:)

Damn, I'm boring. I really have nothing to confess.  Oh wait...I found out what my DH is getting me for my birthday even though he was planning on keeping it secret. I'm bad with surprises....just horrible. I'm not going to let on that I know....he'd be pissed!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageDC2London:

I am devastated by my loss.  Some days the sadness is crushing.  But then I look at what some other women have been through, and I feel so guilty for being so hurt by my one, early loss.  Some of my dear friends from BOTB and some girls here have had late-term losses, still-births, or multiple losses and here I am having a giant pity party for my one loss at 8w.  I feel guilty about it....I feel like I have no right to be sad when others have endured so much more sadness.

With that said, I never, EVER feel that way about anyone else mourning their loss.  My heart aches for every woman who has suffered a loss, regardless of when or how many, and I have never once thought that another woman had any less right to mourn than another.  Just me....I'm just hard on myself, I suppose. 

I have felt this way a thousand times about my loss and now about our infertility. I just try to remind myself that while others have it worse, it doesn't by any means diminish the pain we are feeling about our own situation.

My confession: I'm so butt crazy excited about meeting Mork tomorrow that I was like the worst employee ever today!

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• imageDC2London:

I feel the same way you do, generally guilty if I complain "too much"  I respect the ladies here and everywhere who have had later/more losses than me and more troubles TTC in general, and for being able to continue their journeys while still coming here to support all of us as well. 

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekpowers982:

I agree with this, I just don't get it, either.

BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    My BFP Chart
  • My DH typically plays hockey on Friday nights, and I used to bust his chops because it's Friday night, and I would rather he were home with me.

Well, I've finally gotten used to having these Friday nights to myself, I had a particularly rough day at work, and was kind of looking forward to getting a bit drunk and watching Say Yes to the Dress marathon, and he decided to stay home tonight for the first time in over a month.

So, on one hand I am happy he's here, and on the other hand, I kind-of miss the marathon...ah well...off to take a shower and watch some of the final season of The Shield.

Good night, ladies!

My BFP Chart
  • imageRosiePeare:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

DH and I split a bottle of wine last night. The entire bottle in a single pour. We filled two big bordeaux glasses and tossed the bottle.

I plan on doing the same thing tonight.

And tomorrow. 

Oh, Petra--that's pretty much every weekend at our house--thank God I'm not alone! I often feel embarrassed when I put out the recycling bin... especially because we live next door to a family with 5 kids...

Anyway, I'm currently doing ALL of the following behaviors AT THE SAME TIME:

1) Eating an entire bag of Pirate's Booty. (To my credit, I didn't have breakfast, and DH isn't off work until 10, so dinner is late.)

2) Drinking a very large glass of white wine. (Read: at least 1/3 of the bottle)

3) Watching BridalPlasty. (In my defense, I was on Netflix looking for something mindless while I catch up on Bump PMs.)

Good Lord. Is this really my Friday night? 

That sounds like a perfect Friday night to me.

So far, my Friday night has consisted of cleaning up puppy messes. Why does he sh!t on the floor 5 minutes after we've come in from outside? He's done that twice in 2.5 hours. His cuteness just isn't enough tonight; I'm pissed.

It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • Bought my Mega Millions ticket, in addition to going in on tickets with co-workers.  Also splurged on $20 worth of scratch & win tickets.  Came ahead $4!  Was doing great with healthy eating, but had french bread pizza & a chocolate cupcake for dinner.  I'm getting so sick of pizza on Friday nights.  Can't wait for Lent to be over!
    BFP#1: 10/29/11 EDD: 7/14/12 MMC: 12/28/11 BFP#2: 5/17/12 EDD: 1/27/13 Trevor was born on 1/21/13! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 8e4774ee-d2a4-4dd5-9180-492d059e568e_zpsb44e90d8.jpg
  • imageSterling13:
    Sometimes I just want to bury my head in the sand rather than learn there's one more thing that I'm woefully ignorant about when it comes to my body. It seems like there are a number of jerks out in the world who don't know how to find their a$$ with both of their hands who get along just fine, and meanwhile I try to learn what's going on and get nowhere fast.

I am in this frame of mind right now. I am sorry sweets.

Me(26)DH(33)
    TTC for #1 since Jan 2010
    BFP #1 Oct 1 2010 MC Oct 3 2010
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
    3 rounds of Clomid all BFN
    BFP #2 10/12/12 Beta #1 45.1 Beta #2 160.7 * 2/27 diagnosed with IEF in utero.
    Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   image

"Severe truth is expressed with some bitterness."
  • I made my appointment for the new doctor today and now I am nervous because I am to have my pap with a mid wife and then will have a seperate appointment with the RE. Has anyone had a mid wife? Should I be worried? I don't know I guess I am just scared because my last doctor was a huge doopty doo.
    Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
    Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

• imageDC2London:

imageminicheezburg:
    I made my appointment for the new doctor today and now I am nervous because I am to have my pap with a mid wife and then will have a seperate appointment with the RE. Has anyone had a mid wife? Should I be worried? I don't know I guess I am just scared because my last doctor was a huge doopty doo.

DS mentioned...

I have used midwives since 2008, I love them.  A midwife delivered my DS and it was wonderful.  What exactly concerns you?  A CNM can do everything an OB can, just not surgery (i.e. a c-section).  

I like midwives because they tend to be a little more laid-back about things than an OB.  Just my two cents, though :) 

This actually helps me A LOT. I know absolutely nothing about mid wives. I guess my idea of what they do was different for some reason.

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• I've told my work over and over again that I can't make last minute changes to my schedule because I have to be able to find childcare. They called me 2 days ago to add Saturday night to my schedule - I told them I couldn't because of not having a babysitter. My boyfriend would be home so its not really an issue - I just was looking forward to having a weekend off...  I feel bad, but I don't know how many different times and ways I have to tell them that I can only work 2 days a week (Fri, Sat or Sun) overnights.  They just don't get it and I'm super frustrated!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelittlemusings:
    imagekpowers982:

I hate, hate, hate shoe shopping...almost as much as I hate going to Home Depot. But I like shoes:)

Damn, I'm boring. I really have nothing to confess.  Oh wait...I found out what my DH is getting me for my birthday even though he was planning on keeping it secret. I'm bad with surprises....just horrible. I'm not going to let on that I know....he'd be pissed!

I knew what my S/O was getting me for Christmas as soon as he bought it... I didn't have the heart to tell him and acted totally surprised when I opened it. He still doesn't know I knew... 

• I couldnt find my black belt to wear with my black dress pants to wear to work so I used my black bella band to hold my pants up at work.. and loved it even if I am not pregnant. It looked so much smoother underneath my top. Embarrassed

eta: wording

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • imageDC2London:
    imageminicheezburg:
    imageDC2London:

imageminicheezburg:
    I made my appointment for the new doctor today and now I am nervous because I am to have my pap with a mid wife and then will have a seperate appointment with the RE. Has anyone had a mid wife? Should I be worried? I don't know I guess I am just scared because my last doctor was a huge doopty doo.

DS mentioned...

I have used midwives since 2008, I love them.  A midwife delivered my DS and it was wonderful.  What exactly concerns you?  A CNM can do everything an OB can, just not surgery (i.e. a c-section).  

I like midwives because they tend to be a little more laid-back about things than an OB.  Just my two cents, though :) 

This actually helps me A LOT. I know absolutely nothing about mid wives. I guess my idea of what they do was different for some reason.

Oh, good!  Granted, this was just my experience, but I saw several different midwives during my first pregnancy and they all were pretty laid back...caffeine was ok in moderation, they supported exercise during pregnancy, they didn't push induction or medication, etc.  While I was in labor, I was allowed to wear my own t-shirt, eat, and bounce on my birthing ball or walk as much as I pleased.  It was wonderful.  I hope it goes well for you! 

That sounds really wonderful! Thank you again I will remember to direct my mid wife questions to you!

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• imagePetraStonegirl:

DH and I split a bottle of wine last night. The entire bottle in a single pour. We filled two big bordeaux glasses and tossed the bottle.

And tomorrow. 

My DH doesn't drink. There are nights when  I realize I'm the one who drank the whole bottle...

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Last night I drank an entire bottle of champagne by myself. Out of a plastic solo cup. I proceeded to go from giggly to sobbing in no time flat. How pathetic did I look?  And classy!!!!
  • imageDC2London:

I totally understand this, and think this every time I cry about my loss.

I'll go one further though, and confess that I do often think that others (even others who have had a loss) think that my loss was "only a CP" and I shouldn't be as sad as I am.  I really wish I weren't as sad as I am. 

DD 9/2/13

• imagekatharine25:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

And tomorrow. 

My DH doesn't drink. There are nights when  I realize I'm the one who drank the whole bottle...

Haha. Ditto. But an entire bottle is only like, 3 glasses. It just looks like a lot in that giant bottle :)  

It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • imagepanacea05:
    imagekatharine25:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

And tomorrow. 

Haha. Ditto. But an entire bottle is only like, 3 glasses. It just looks like a lot in that giant bottle :)  

This!  You are my kind of people.  :) 

BFP#1 - 09/12/11, EDD 5/18/12 - Stopped growing at 6w3d, m/c induced 10/14/11
    BFP#2 - 04/01/12, EDD 12/12/12, Arrived 12/4/12!!
    BFP#3 - 12/31/13, EDD 09/10/14 - Grow baby, grow!

• I really want some wine right now, but the only bottle we have in our house right now is a $50 bottle we were saving for a special occasion. I'm seriously considering cracking that puppy open and drinking it all by myself. 
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • I've decided that once all of this is said and over and I'm holding a baby, I'm never using bc again. Seriously? What's the point?! I feel like even if we were TTA, I'd be able to figure it out with thinking about it. Apparently, it's damn hard to have kids!

BPF 1. Baby Girl "Petri" 12/22/11 Said goodbye 12/27/11

BPF 2. Baby Boy "Roo" 1/20/12 Heartbeat 160b/m 2/15/12 Said goodbye 2/20/12

BPF 3. Rainbow Baby Boy "Creed"  4/28/12 Born healthy and alive 1/5/13

BFP 4. "Rainbow 2.0" 8/17/14 due 4/28/15

"Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you a thousand years. I love you a thousand more."

imageimageimage

• imageRosiePeare:

imagedanaunclaw:
    Last night I drank an entire bottle of champagne by myself. Out of a plastic solo cup. I proceeded to go from giggly to sobbing in no time flat. How pathetic did I look?  And classy!!!!

Please tell me you were listening to Toby Keith's "Red Solo Cup" as you did so?

And there's is nothing BUT classy in admitting when you just need a cocktail! :-)

There were definitely references by DH to the song. It was seriously sad. DH doesn't drink so I was drinking alone too. I woke up hung over and depressed. Exactly the opposite of my intent. Oops.  

• imageTA110980:
    imagepanacea05:
    imagekatharine25:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

And tomorrow. 

This!  You are my kind of people.  :) 

Holds the contents of an entire bottle of wine... 

• Here's my confession:

I was just cutting some strawberries for strawberry short cakes, and realized it was the first fruit I'd be eating all day. Healthy eating fail. 

• imageJuddandJessica:
    I've decided that once all of this is said and over and I'm holding a baby, I'm never using bc again. Seriously? What's the point?! I feel like even if we were TTA, I'd be able to figure it out with thinking about it. Apparently, it's damn hard to have kids!

Yes

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • kiki4kiki4 member
    imagePetraStonegirl:

And tomorrow. 

I <3 you! I plan on doing the same thing!

My confession is that I feel guilty for not being around this week. It is hard to bump from work; add in that it was crazy busy, and I just couldn't manage much more than lurking from my phone. Then when I got home, I couldn't manage enough alone time to pee in privacy, much less get on the computer. All this has me feeling very alone. 

BFP 1/19/12 No heartbeat at 7w4d 3rd dose Cytotec 3/1/12
    *PGAL/PAL Welcome*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"