Success after IF
Options

Didn't get the house

Thanks for all the good wishes & juju. They didn't care for our lowball offer in spite of the other positives & chose not to try to negotiate.  they said they have another offer within 9k of offering price, but their realtor never mentioned it yesterday & even told our agent not to rush, just to getting over by the end of the weekend. So, we are calling bs on this other offer, either that or they arent pleased with it in other ways (contingency, maybe?). Either way, we aren't coming up that high to compete, so that's that. 

We keep looking and maybe in the mean time they reconsider negotiating? It's a bummer because it had a master suite addition that was amazing! California closet, radiant heat flooring, rain shower...gorgeous! The rest of the house was great, too & had an inground fenced pool. ::sigh:: the comps just don't quite support the price though! 

Thanks again! Such a roller coaster! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Didn't get the house

• Options
    Sorry, Em!  Keep looking, and like you said, if they don't sell, they may be willing to negotiate in a little bit, especially if the comps don't support their asking price.
    Lisa
    Not a newbie, but, had to create a new account - formerly LBR_NJ

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  Not sure how low your offer was, but I would also doubt they have this other offer based on what you said.  I agree though to keep looking and if they come back, even better!  How long has the house been on the market?
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLisaBRM:
    Sorry, Em!  Keep looking, and like you said, if they don't sell, they may be willing to negotiate in a little bit, especially if the comps don't support their asking price.

Ditto this. So sorry it didn't work out! But your offer might start to look pretty good if they don't sell or the other potential offer falls through.

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That's a bummer.  I'm sorry!  I hope you find another house soon!

-----Lisa-----
  • Options
    I'm sorry. Hopefully a better house will come along you just haven't dicovered yet!
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I hope an even better home comes along.
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry.... House hunting is hard!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Bummer!!  Good luck on the hunt!
  • Options
    Oh man, I'm so sorry :( That is a huge bummer. Buying property is so hard and so emotionally draining!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageohiostategal:
    I'm sorry.  Not sure how low your offer was, but I would also doubt they have this other offer based on what you said.  I agree though to keep looking and if they come back, even better!  How long has the house been on the market?

It has been on 30 days & they lowered it 10k this week. Our offer was probably shockingly low to them, but was in line with our agents market analysis, zillow, etc... We also know they got a nice relo package to move to Florida & had a ton of equity so we gave it a go. We left ourselves about 15k in negotiating space.

Oh well! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So sorry. I hate the emotional rollercoaster of house hunting/buying. 
  • Options
    epphdepphd member
    :(  Bummer!!  You never know with real estate - keep your eyes out and like you said, maybe there will be a second chance!!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options
    :( I'm sorry. That is such a bummer and buzz kill when house hunting doesnt go  your way. The perfect house is out there!! 
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Aww, man, I'm sorry.  :(  I think it is really hard for people to accept how much the market has crashed, so they set unrealistic asking prices.  I hope they come around or you find something better. 
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options
    That stinks....I'm sorry. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"