Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Preventing Diaper Rash

Every time I try something new (wipes or creams) my baby's butt starts to get red.  So I have found out that Pampers sensitive wipes work well.  Huggies pure and natural does not. 

Destin maximum strength works well, but the regular strength does not.  Butt paste seems to be good, but I'm still testing that one out.

What works for you to prevent diaper rash?   What doesn't work?

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Preventing Diaper Rash

• Options
    My moms neighbor was a pediatrician for something like 30 years and he told us nothing works better at preventing diaper rash than A and D ointment. We use it everyday and it's been great!
    Mom to AJ: 2/16/2012

Elliott Woodson due 8/2/2015!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My DS has been prone to irritation rashes since week 1! I've been using the Burt's Bees ointment and it's been keeping it at bay. He also seems to like it.. he coos when I put it on. Not sure if it has a cooling effect or what. Boudreaux's didn't do anything for us.
    I also use a wash cloth or receiving blanket to pat him dry sometimes before I put his diaper back on.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Spend time everyday diaper free - it's actually a great way to do tummy time.

Additionally - we use cloth diapers and have not had diaper rash yet. 

Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just started using Desitin on DS and he hasn't got any rashes since.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have resorted to using  cut up undershirts as wipes with water. We then use a hairdryer to make sure her bum is *really* dry. Weleda cream when needed. Works like a charm!!

• Options
    We have been lucky to not have had anything major. I use pampers sensitive wipes and at the first sign of a little redness I dab on some butt paste and that seems to do the trick. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"