Multiples
Options

I got milk!

feel like shouting this from the rooftops, even though it's something people do every day. but I made milk!!!! I pumped for 3 weeks with Addie and one time I got 5ml of horrid putrid smelling stuff. I think I'd pumped so hard the sweat from my armpits came through my breasts (j/k of course, but it smelled like it). Anyway, since the boys were born I have been pumping every 2-3 hours (like I did with her). I think I'm more relaxed about it this time because she survived formula just fine. So I'm not as stressed. Plus my brain is still thinking, I have babies already?!? Anyway, I've been getting drops that they put on a q tip and rub on their gums like they are little addicts. Today after holding them (15 min each!) I pumped and got a little more then a few drops. I hit the button for another round because I was still waiting for lunch. When I looked at the bottle there was some in there! In the bottle! I was so excited that I'd actually made enough to make it through the valve to the bottle!!! So each boy got a syringe of mom's milk-about 5 ml total. Who knew how excited I'd be about 5 ml of liquid? that's a freaking teaspoon!

Is there such a thing as breastpads that hold milk instead of absorbing it? Otherwise I'll be wringing those suckers out for my little birds.          
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: I got milk!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"