Baby Names

MN for Greta please

Hello again ladies!  I posted a few weeks ago about MNs for the name Rhett if this LO is a boy, and you all gave some GREAT suggestions!  We are staying team green, so we're trying to narrow down our list to one boy name and one girl name Smile

So, now I've returned for some MNs for Greta if LO is a girl.  So far we can only come up with two:

Greta Claire

Greta Pearl (is this weird since Greta actually means "pearl")

Again, our last name is long and German... so we're trying to keep the MN short if possible.  TIA! 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

Re: MN for Greta please

• I love Greta, good choice! Yup, I believe both Greta and Pearl are associated with Margaret. Despite that fact, I don't mind the back to back meaning. My Mother's name is Helen Elaine (same senario). I don't usually like Claire but, the combo Greta Claire is pretty, maybe I would choose this one first. GL!

• Ds's names both mean "warrior." I think it actually helped in choosing a mn bc it just seemed like the obvious choice :)

What about Greta Elise, Helena, Renee, Leigh, Kaye, Noelle (my fav) 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Loading the player...
  • I liked pp Greta Leigh
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• Greta Loiuse.

I do think Greta Pearl is a but odd but I don't think most will know the connection. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Greta Lorraine?
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • I love Greta Pearl. I don't find it weird that Greta means "pearl." It sounds darling, and it's not like anyone would know, anyway. Worst case scenario: one day, your daughter finds in a baby book that Greta means "pearl." She says to herself, "Huh. Wonder if they knew that when they named me?" And life goes on.
    VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Greta Simone
    Greta Meredith
    Greta Charlotte

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Greta was on our short list with DD and we were going to use the mn Noelle. 

I'm not a huge fan of Greta Pearl but Greta Claire is nice.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I dont really like Greta and Pearl together... the two names together are just kind of too much IMO, sorry.

I like:

Greta Cecile/Cecily

Greta Rosette/Rosalind

Greta Georgia (even with the alliteration)

Greta Renee

Greta Olive

Greta Elizabeth

GL!

• My sister's name is Gretta (with 2 t's) and her middle name is Jane. I love it an gave my LO the same middle name. 

Very unique! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    Photobucket
  • Thank you ladies!  I like several of the suggestions, and I'm glad we have a few more to pick from now Smile

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"