Babies: 3 - 6 Months

thoughts on waking up for 5.5 month old

Hi Ladies

My LO will be 6 months April 15th.  We have started solids and it is going great. His sleep habits have changed a bit and I am wondering why. I know there may not be an answer as babies are anything but consistent. He goes down around 8 and probably around 330- 4 I hear him wake up mostly talkign to himself slight fussing but usually lasts 20-30minutes and he puts himself back to sleep. Even though he is not CRYING, he def found his voice!

He also would always wake up around 6:30- 7, the last  week hes been waking up before 6 and not falling back asleep. HE then gets overtired easier when he goes down for his first nap

Today being the weekend, I put him in my bed around 645 just to get some extra sleep and he did take snooze till 7:30.

Any thoughts reasons, I am thinking maybe teeth. Oh yea one more thing I use the adain and anlais sleep sacks. I watch him in the monitor he literally chews at the sack and sometimes will manage to pull the zipper open.

Re: thoughts on waking up for 5.5 month old

• I would consider an earlier bedtime.  It usually solves early waking.  There are many reasons for it, but most often they wake early because they went down overtired.  Sounds crazy, but if he gets overtired before going down for the night, he'll get hyped up and have an increase in cortisol which won't allow him to stay relaxed and sleep longer..

Also, around 4am they begin their lightest sleep of the night, so these are the most common times for them to wake up if something is "off." 

• thank you I was thinking that I am going to try that tonight...what time do you think 7-730?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageteachermeesh82:
    thank you I was thinking that I am going to try that tonight...what time do you think 7-730?

sounds like good advice - I'd start with 7:30 tonight and then creep it back towards 7 over the next week or so

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*
  • we do 7 when he has taken his afternoon nap if he protest the nap bed is at 6pm and he will usually sleep untill 3 and have diaper and bottle out till 7:30
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What time does your LO wake up if you put down at 7? 7 am...?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"