Trouble TTC
Options

IF Awareness week - project

So I saw some other girls talking about IF awareness week and I had this awesome idea.... I could create a slide show/ video with pictures of all the couples I know who are going through IF with a inlaid caption of how long they've been TTC, and those who've finally got their miracle could be a pic of the couple & baby or 2 pics next to each other with something like "finally received their miracle after X years".... My plan would be for this video to go viral and bring awareness to all of the REAL couples who are dealing with IF...

What do you all think??? Would you be interested in participating, and sharing your pictures?? Also randomly every few pics there could be a "blank pic" with a IF fact...   

Re: IF Awareness week - project

• Options
    I'd send in a picture, but DH and I don't have any really good pictures, together! Haha!
    2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • Options

The problem is getting that many people to have not one, but both of the people in the couple to agree to have their photo in it.  Many, many people are not "out" of the IF closet; some even after they find success.  When I below suggested doing a "$h!t infertiles say" video only two people have contacted me to actually be in it.  I fully understand their reservations...which is why I started with working on the "$h!t fertiles say to infertiles" first to see if it works with random googled pics.  After showing the rough cut of the video to a few handful of the IF'ers I know outside of 3T, they agree it works.  

Something like this would have so much more impact if you could make it personal with real pictures, but I just don't know how many you'll get to agree.  But good luck!  I'll happily supply a picture (after talking to DH) if you can get at least 50 of us to do it.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll talk to DH about it.  We're not out to many people IRL and are careful who we tell, but I see this as a more anonymous way to raise awareness.  If one or two people who know me happen to see it, good - hopefully they'll regret having asked us when we're going to start our family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'll send you one but it will be from the back (you can click my blog to see what I'm talking about). Due to DH's job he can't have his picture on the internet for security reasons. I'll also likely make up a different name for him...
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Options
    I'd be willing to supply one, we are very open about our struggles

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Options
    That is a GREAT idea (to take pics from the back) if you want to still be sorta anomymous... and I don't think I'd put names on it, for everyone's privacy reasons... Just like TTC for x yrs.... :D
  • Options
    EagsEags member

We're not that open with our struggles.  However, if there are enough people willing to share, I'll see what DH thinks about it.

This is something I struggle with daily.  I want to be open and help take away the stigma (? for lack of a better word) of infertility.  At the same time, there are certain people who I don't want to know that we are ttc, like my boss.  This means that I can't share anything with my coworkers for fear they may say something to our boss.

6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    From the back is nice idea...or just a pic that's not so obvious.  Or maybe I'll doctor a pic with the time we've been TTC so that it slightly obscures faces.  I'll work on it and see.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    I absolutely love your idea. I'd be willing to send a pic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    You can send what ever pics you want me to use (front, back, blurry, whatever works for you) to k dot james 4318 at yahoo.com and put IF project in the subject so I know it's you (incase it goes to spam)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"