Baby Showers
Options

When did you/are you having your shower?

I found out that my shower is 6 days before my due date. I'm so grateful that my family and friend are throwing me one. Even though I'm a FTM, they just threw a bridal shower last year, and I in no way expected that they'd throw another one! I'm less nervous about how uncomfortable I'll be that far along, but that my LO will come early and they'll plan the shower and I'll be in the hospital. I will feel so terrible if I'm in the hospital and they've put all this work into it (not that I'd be able to do anything about it!) (If LO comes REALLY early we'll just make it a meet the baby party!)

*It's planned for that date because there are NO weekends available between now and then between birthdays, graduations, graduation parties and people needing to work to get students ready to go home from a boarding school., all which have been planned since December or earlier, and some people didn't even know we were expecting til December!*

Re: When did you/are you having your shower?

• Options
    You have an awesome attitude about how close this shower is planned to your DD. Seriously. Anyway to answer your question, I have one at 32 weeks and one at 36 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My shower was at 36 weeks.  I could've  had mine a week before my DD, being as I went 5 days overdue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ours is April 21st. I'll be 36 weeks (measuring a week ahead) so I think we should be good. 

I hope everything works out for yours! My cousin actually went into labor the day of her shower and since labor can take quite a while, we all still went to the shower and kept people entertained and thanked everyone for still coming. We brought all her "goodies" to her house afterwards and set everything up for her for when she got out of the hospital. Good Luck! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I will be 30 weeks at my shower
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having two. One in June and one in July. I'm due September 4th.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Can I say that I love your attitude on this. Many women seem to freak out when it's only a few weeks from their due date. As for me, I'm due Aug 14th (and my bday is the 4th), and my MIL has one planned for June 24th. Also due to graduations, birthdays, and then 4th of July, she wanted to go with the end of June. Which is fine with me as I have a good chance of going into labor a little earlier.
  • Options

Good attitude. Most freak if their shower isn't at least 2 months before their due date.

Keep in mind, statistically most FTM go late or have to be induced, so odds are good that you'll have plenty of time.

Try to get as much done as you can prior to your shower. Then after the shower dust settles, you can focus on just the shower gifts. Wash/put away the stuff you're keeping, and taking care of donations and exchanges won't take you more than a couple days. Do any fill-in purchases you need and call it done.

For the record, mine was at 35 weeks.

• Options
    Mine is in 2 weeks so I will be 35 weeks 5 days.  The only reason I am having it this late is because we live out of town and this is the time we are coming home for DH's predeployment leave.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was getting excited about all things baby when I was home at my mom's house. I was talking about having (not throwing my own though) a baby shower. My mom said to calm down (haha) and that my shower would probably be in September (I'm due in mid-October). 
  • Options

My showers were at 33 and 34 weeks. 

Many FTMs go late anyhow, so the shower will be something nice to interrupt your focus on when the baby will finally arrive.  Just buy the essentials yourself to make sure you're ready if she makes an early arrival.  I think your family will be understanding if the baby interrupts the shower, so you don't need to feel guilty about that either.

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be almost 36 weeks at my shower on April 15. Later than I anticipated, but I am a FTM so relying on the stats that I will go late to keep my sanity.
  • Options
    imagesrs5624:

Keep in mind, statistically most FTM go late or have to be induced, so odds are good that you'll have plenty of time.

I have heard this many times from other moms and from one nurse...however I have not been able to find any actual data supporting this claim.  One article did say that there is no good way to calculate the stats on when women actually deliver since due dates are just estimates and are frequently wrong.  Has anyone ever seen or heard from a reliable source that FTM "usually go at least until their due dates, or later"?  

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageNicolewinsbingo:
    imagesrs5624:

I have heard this many times from other moms and from one nurse...however I have not been able to find any actual data supporting this claim.  One article did say that there is no good way to calculate the stats on when women actually deliver since due dates are just estimates and are frequently wrong.  Has anyone ever seen or heard from a reliable source that FTM "usually go at least until their due dates, or later"?  

No info on that. BUT I know a ton of FTM in my family have gone early, so we started having the showers earlier. 

photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"