Babies: 3 - 6 Months

seriously what is going on!

my little man will be 6mo on Monday.  We recently switched him from breastmilk to formula due to me going back full time and not being able to supply his demand. He then started being super fussy all the time and waking up in the middle of the night screaming (when he usually has been STTN for a good 1.5 months) called the pedi and they told us to switch to gentle ease formula, which we did.  That seemed to work as he was again a happy baby and went back to STTN.  Just the past few days all seems well during the day but he is again waking up in the middle of the night.  He would go to sleep and wake up 30-60 min after I put him down. He wouldnt stay sleeping any longer than 30 min in his crib. I was absolutely exhausted and he ended up sleeping in bed with me the past 2 nights =(   He has a runny nose, he's seems to be a little more gassy than normal, and he drools all the time.  I don't know if he is teething, has a cold, has a tummy ache ... I just don't know why he isnt sleeping at night anymore??? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: seriously what is going on!

• This sounds a bit like my LO.  He would eat before bed and then wake up an hour or two later screaming-not just a normal cry, but a bloody murder scream.  I did some research and he seems to fit all the symptoms of silent reflux (reflux without the spitting up).  He's been on formula since he was 2 months old, but just recently started exhibiting the signs.  I took him to the pedi who confirmed my suspicions.  I now put oatmeal or rice in his bottles.  He still wakes up from time to time, but no more screaming.

I'm not assuming that this is what your LO has, but it may be worth looking into...

https://www.pollywogbaby.com/refluxandcolic/silent-reflux-infant.html

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Minus the drooling, it sounds like a potential food allergy issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"