2nd Trimester
Options

A Little Nervous

Went in for a doctor appointment today and my doctor scared me a bit about trying to do a natural birth after a forced c-section the first time around.  Then after talking about that she tried to find baby's heartbeat...first time...and couldn't.  

So now I have to wait until Monday for the clinic to call me to schedule an ultrasound next week to just check to make sure things are okay.  I'm nervous and a bit scared.  I'm hoping that maybe my initial due date/last period was off or that maybe my uterus is just funky with the baby hiding.  Anyone else have this happen and things worked out?  This weekend will not be very restful...hopefully my little guy will keep me busy enough to keep my mind off of it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: A Little Nervous

• Options
    While I didn't have this happen, my doctor doesn't even try to use the doppler before 16 weeks, or when the uterus is above the pubic bone because the heartbeat can be hard to pick up before then. I know it's worrisome, but I'm sure everything will check out fine at your ultrasound.
  • Options
    At that stage I wouldn't be worried unless a heartbeat can't be found with an ultrasound. A doppler isn't very reliable that early on I don't think. You will be fine! :)
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Up until my 18th week, my OB had a terrible time finding his heartbeat with the Doppler.  He would hide from it like crazy!  My OB office has a portable U/S machine so after she would try for a good 10 minutes and me starting to panic, she would just roll it in and give us a quick peak to be sure everything was alright.  Try to relax!  I know, easier said than done.  
  • Options

They didn't use a doppler on me until at least 17 weeks. 

I wouldn't really worry, unless it cannot be found on the U/S. But for now try and relax, worrying isn't good for baby. 

• Options
    My little one, is super active and keeps moving around, everytime the midwife found the baby it would move away from her xD 
    It's possible it's just hiding so try and relax alittle :)
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto to everything pps have said. If a VBAC is important to you, you might want to look around and see if there are more VBAC friendly doctors in your area. If you're getting flack about it now, you'll likely get more later on and might wind up forced into an unwanted second C-section. If you only have 1 previous C-section and you have the correct type of incision (most people do), your chances of uterine rupture are only ever so slightly higher than someone who never had a C-section. You could also look up your local ICAN vbac support chapter, they'll have a lot of information available and might even be able to recommend a doctor that other women have had good experiences with. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"