TTC After a Loss
Options

Charting experts: which temp would you use?

I'm trying not to throw my chart off with abnormal temps. The past two days I've waken up snuggled up and literally sweating. One factor with that may be that we're in a temporary rental while our house is being finished and the a/c leaves something to be desired. The house has been a bit warmer for a couple days, and we're having the a/c issue addressed.

At any rate, my chart has been a little weird this month. Last month was my first post loss and it was all over the place. I used a different app on a different phone when we conceived so I don't have a way to upload any previous charts that would be meaningful at all. Hopefully the link below works, but bumping from my iPhone is a bit challenging sometimes.

Anyway, I discarded yesterday's temp because I woke up late after a serious bender and no sleep. But even after I woke up yesterday I waited 10-15 minutes and took my temp and it was much lower. This morning I threw off the covers and took my temp 15 minutes later and it was closer to my current temp range.  It went from 97.71 at 7:25 to 97.00 at 7:40. So, to all you experts out there 1) what's the deal with the higher temps during AF that fell even more and stayed fairly low since AF ended (if the link doesn't work, my temps were around 97.2-97.4 during AF for about the first 11 days of my cycle and fell to 97 or below until now which is cd17. My last cycle was 47 days. No clue what this one will be...  And 2) which temp to use this morning????

Sorry to ramble so much. 

My Ovulation Chart

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Charting experts: which temp would you use?

• Options

See if this link works to take you to a screen shot of my chart. Stupid stupid iPhone. It can't be operator error.....right? ;)

https://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/danaunclaw/?action=view?t=0be10925.jpg&evt=user_media_share

• Options
    Your link only takes us to a ticker, not your chart.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would enter the first temp you got, but possibly discard it. I would also suggest keeping up with your OPK's.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1) I had several cycles post-mc when I first started temping that my temps were quite erratic during AF then finally would go down for the rest of the FP until O.  YOu really can't compare your temps from one cycle to the next because they are different cycles and your the temps are not related. 

2) Consistently, always, use your very first temp upon waking.  I was just talking about this with another bumpie a couple of days ago.  In the fall/spring, I notice I wake up sweaty/freezing more than usual, and sporadically, because of some of the drastic weather changes.  That being said, I always used my first temp, no matter what and then made a note of why my temp *could* be off (sweaty, freezing).  Even when I've had days I've woke up feel super hot or cold, I've always been able to detect a clear thermal shift. 

P.S.  Your chart link only takes us to a picture of your ticker.  Try going to FF's home page (your home page for your chart) and C&P that link. Smile

ETA:  I saw you got us a picture of your chart.  I think it looks like a pretty typical chart.  It's not common for temps to stay up during AF, but like I said, mine have in the past.  I think your temps look pretty good though.  The only time I discard my temps is after I get CHs.  I've had some pretty high, pre-O temps before because I like the wine Wink and after I have O confirmed, I will often discard my weird temps. 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options
    imagebuckeyebaby814:

1) I had several cycles post-mc when I first started temping that my temps were quite erratic during AF then finally would go down for the rest of the FP until O.  YOu really can't compare your temps from one cycle to the next because they are different cycles and your the temps are not related. 

2) Consistently, always, use your very first temp upon waking.  I was just talking about this with another bumpie a couple of days ago.  In the fall/spring, I notice I wake up sweaty/freezing more than usual, and sporadically, because of some of the drastic weather changes.  That being said, I always used my first temp, no matter what and then made a note of why my temp *could* be off (sweaty, freezing).  Even when I've had days I've woke up feel super hot or cold, I've always been able to detect a clear thermal shift. 

P.S.  Your chart link only takes us to a picture of your ticker.  Try going to FF's home page (your home page for your chart) and C&P that link. Smile

ETA:  I saw you got us a picture of your chart.  I think it looks like a pretty typical chart.  It's not common for temps to stay up during AF, but like I said, mine have in the past.  I think your temps look pretty good though.  The only time I discard my temps is after I get CHs.  I've had some pretty high, pre-O temps before because I like the wine Wink and after I have O confirmed, I will often discard my weird temps. 

Thanks!  You are truly the charting queen. ;). I've never had a month where my temps went down after AF. I just found it odd. Glad you've had that happen too so I don't feel like a weirdo. My allergies are acting up for the past couple days too, so that may be affecting my temps. Idk. I just want to make sure I'm going about it the right way and help FF detect O correctly. I really only took OPKs this early because of the temp drop. I haven't been Oing until late late late since I went off bc last year. I guess I'll resign myself to POAS from here out abd be prepared to do it for 38 days this cycle, but hope I catch O sooner than that. Stupid cycle.  

• Options
    I think your temps have looked great since they've gone down, they seem stable... with the exception of that one high temp.  It'll all come together, this is exactly why I get frustrated more with waiting to O than the 2ww!  GL Smile

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"