Cloth Diapering

How many cloth wipes do you have?

Right now I have 16 that I made from old hospital receiving blankets (I really like them!) and 4 I made with velour and terry cloth. Should I make some more up cycled blanket cloths or make some out of something else or maybe even buy some?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: How many cloth wipes do you have?

• We have 48. It is enough to keep a stash at both our changing stations and in the diaper bag without running out. Before we got that last dozen - I was always robbing peter to pay paul - so to speak.
    Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• Wow! I better get sewing with those last two blankets hanging out on my desk!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have 36 from receiving blankets and a dozen baby kicks I got as a gift. I haven't used them yet, but I think that's more than enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think we have somewhere around 36 total. I would make or buy some more if I were you.
  • I have around 36 and it's enough, but I would like to make some from extra flannel blankets just to have some extras to keep stocked in the diaper bag, and bc I prefer my flannel wipes to the terry baby washcloths I use. They just seem softer on LO's skin.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 11/23/10 MMC @ 7w3d Discovered @ 10w2d D&C 1/12/11

BFP 7/6/11 Our Lucky Charm born 3/5/12
  • I have 3 dozen and it's more than enough, but I only change diapers in one place in the house, so I don't need multiple stashes. I could probably get by with 24 but I got them for a great deal on etsy so I decided to stock up. 

(That's with two kids in diapers, also.) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have over 60. But I know that is way too many but it is sure nice to have that many on hand.  especially if I go an extra day between washes.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Probably 36-40, but that's for twins.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageBrendaLou1969:
    I have over 60. But I know that is way too many but it is sure nice to have that many on hand.  especially if I go an extra day between washes.
    Yup. The first time I did diaper laundry for wipes - I bought more.
    Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• I have 3 or 4 dozen.  I'd say 3 dozen is a good amount to have.
  • I made 7 dozen and we NEVER use all of them. That being said, my DD is almost 10 months old and the single ply wipes (for pee) are already really worn. I made about 2 dozen double sided wipes for poops and when DD had a stomach bug and had diarrhea 8+ times a day for 6 days, we ran out of wipes. I would think 4 dozen should be good!

• Not sure how many I have, but I want more.  I maybe have around 30.  I like to have a bunch everywhere, and am also working towards using those as wipes for my hands and what not when we are out and being able to not bring disposable wipes in the diaper bag at all.....so, the more the better I think.  I also made some from recieving blankets and am itching to make more.
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"