Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Describe your LO's "fussy time" or witching hour

DS is only 3 weeks old but for the last 5 nights around 9pm he's been inconsolable. And it lasts HOURS. My DD used to have a fussy time around 6pm but I don't remember it lasting for as long as DS gets upset for. I'm wondering if this is more colicky behavior than just a "fussy time"?

It's been making me so sad and starting to dread the evenings :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Describe your LO's "fussy time" or witching hour

• When DS started doing this at about 3 weeks we talked with the pediatrician and he said if it lasts more than 3 hours and happens a couple days a week it's colic. It was so rough we are starting to come out of it now at 8 weeks
  • My DS started around 3 weeks also (he will be 4 weeks on Wed.). He starts to get really fussy around 8:00. I can usually get him down to sleep for about an hour or two, but after that he is up every 30 minutes or so. I am so tired and can't figure out any place that will make him sleep longer than 30 minutes or so at night. The thing is he is tired too, but he just won't give in. He is a great napper during the day too! I am hoping this is something he will grow out of quickly.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS starts around 6 and it is always over by 10. It's not every day but I would say it's 5 days outta the week. He is inconsolable. The only thing that works are the 5 S's from Happiest Baby on the Block, but that will only last 15-25 minutes. Then he starts right back up. He has been at this for 2 weeks, he will be 4 weeks old tomorrow.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO's is around 5pm. She is fidgety and wriggly and whiney. She just seems really restless, hungry and tired all at once. Her bath calms her for a little while, then it's all go again. Until I get her to sleep which can vary from 7pm-9pm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS will sit and shriek for a half hour. I rock him, sing, everything, and he still won't stop!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"