Success after IF

help with my boys' birthday party menu

their party is from 3:30-5:30 at a big park.  we have an indoor party room to have all the food and cake, but i am assuming most people won't want to be inside if the weather is good.

i was thinking of just having snack foods that the kids can eat quickly and spend their time playing- little cups of fruit salad, veggies and dip, chips and pretzels.  do you think that is enough, or do i need to do "real" food?  it is our family tradition to overfeed, so i don't want to embarrass myself by underfeeding! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: help with my boys' birthday party menu

• Since the party is pretty close to dinner time, I think that many people may expect dinner.  If it were me, and I wanted to have easy snack type foods, I may make my snacks a little "heavier".  Maybe a party tray with mini burritos, taquitos OR those tortilla rollup type things with lunch meat and cheese.  Pizza is always easy.

So yes, my opinion is that you need a little more.

Good luck! 

• We typically eat dinner around 5/5:30, so I would be thinking dinner if I got the invitation.  What about pizzas or something else easy that could be delivered in the last hour?
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think small snacks like that would be plenty.  That is before our dinnertime so I would never think dinner would be served at a party that early, especially since it's ending right at the very beginning of what I think most people would consider a normal dinner hour.
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think snacks ate good, but I'd include a few thing like easy-to-grab sandwiches (meat on mini yeast rolls) or rollups or etc - something a bit more substantial, just to be on the safe side ;)
  • thanks- i had been thinking small sandwiches, but i've never made them before. they can't be that hard, though, right?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBeccaLandes:
    thanks- i had been thinking small sandwiches, but i've never made them before. they can't be that hard, though, right?

You could just order mini rolls from your local bakery/grocery store and make up a deli tray. Then people can make their own sandwiches and you don't have all that prep. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I also think there should be a little more food. I like the sandwich tray idea. I agree that putting out a tray of meat and doing a build your own kind of thing would be good! We are late dinner eater so I would like what you suggested then small sandwiches, something light but wont ruin dinner:) Either way it will be fun!
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"