1st Trimester

Depressed and can't get over it.

Ever since my nt scan yesterday, I've been depressed non-stop. The nuchal fold was 5 mm and the doctors didn't make me feel better about it at all. They just kinda left it at that and now I have another month to wait before finding anything else out. I feel like I can't be happy and I won't be until I know there is nothing wrong or that it's just down syndrome and no other problems..I mean, I'm only 18 years old, this is so tough.

I have all these fears..like the baby will have heart problems and need surgery. That my fiance will think our baby is ugly and not love it. I know it'll be beautiful I just don't wanna feel like the only one who can accept it. I know it isn't even for sure that there's a problem but I'm just being so pessimistic about the whole thing.

I don't know what to do..I just wanna lay in bed for the next month and not get up. 

Our little one is due October 15th, 2012! (: Pregnancy Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Depressed and can't get over it.

• Try not to worry too much. The NT scan is NOT a diagnosis. It only gives you an idea of what your risk level is (like the quad screen that you can have in the second trimester). It doesn't tell you that something IS wrong; it just gives you a heads up if you are at higher risk so that you can decide whether or not to get further testing to actually diagnose a problem (if there is one). For instance, if you were to get a very high risk result--something like 1/30, just for explanation purposes--that means that out of all babies with that same result, only 1 will actually have Down's syndrome at birth and the other 29 will be normal. In general, at your age, the chances of having a baby with Down's syndrome is only around 1/1700, and the risk to have any chromosome abnormality at all is only like 1/550. I hope that helps. It's normal to worry, but keep your chin up. :)
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"