Cloth Diapering
Options

BG 4.0 Inserts

Are the inserts that come with the BG 4.0 microfiber? I don't have one in front of me, but I'm 99% sure the tags say polyester and nylon. I have a few NB doublers that say microfiber and I've marked those tags with a black magic marker X so I don't use against LO's. I only ask because I see some for sale on eBay and they describe the large and small inserts that come with it as microfiber.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: BG 4.0 Inserts

• Options
    yes they are MF, which I am starting to hate and replacing with Bamboo, cotton and hemp.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks. But why does it not say microfiber on the tag? So then my next question is, I bought some used BG NB doublers that also say polyester and nylon. I put these in a Flip diaper for extra absorbency at naptime, and it touches my LO's bottom. I have not seen any rash yet. So now I'm just confused. I thought MF was horrible to touch LO? Yet if the tag states differently than what people say it is, then how has it been okay so far?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrscountry527:
    Thanks. But why does it not say microfiber on the tag? So then my next question is, I bought some used BG NB doublers that also say polyester and nylon. I put these in a Flip diaper for extra absorbency at naptime, and it touches my LO's bottom. I have not seen any rash yet. So now I'm just confused. I thought MF was horrible to touch LO? Yet if the tag states differently than what people say it is, then how has it been okay so far?

My MF inserts have tags but they are worn so I dont know, but I can tell you they are all MF--the same as the NB ones that come with the BGs. Some kids are fine with MF against their skin, its not recommended because it is very absorbant and can suck the moisture out of their skin. 

A friend of mine uses BGs and I saw her change her son the other day and noticed she had the NB doubler next to his skin over the stay dry shell...I pointed it out and she had no clue that you were supposed to stuff that insert. She said he never had a rash from it though. I think a good rule is only natural fibers on baby's skin.

HTH! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I could be wrong, but I thought MF was a blend of other materials... so the tag wouldn't necessarily say "Microfiber", even though it is.  You can tell by the feel though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemrscountry527:
    I put these in a Flip diaper for extra absorbency at naptime, and it touches my LO's bottom. I have not seen any rash yet. So now I'm just confused. I thought MF was horrible to touch LO?

You won't necessarily see a rash because you put microfiber against your LO's skin, but it will dry the skin out if done repeatedly, which would be a problem.

Like a PP, I don't use microfiber in any of our diapers.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Microfiber is made up of polyester and nylon amongst other possibilities. It refers to how the material is made rather than just the actual material components, if that makes sense. Polyester isnt bad per se since it's used as a fleece lining. It can be made into lots of different materials. Oh the world of fabric!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"