Stay at Home Moms
Options

s/o first birthday parties

For LO's cakes did you do a traditional yellow, vanilla, chocolate cake etc, or did you make a "special" healthy cake just for him or her and a regular cake for everyone else?

If you did the special cake for LO bonus pts if you can share a link to the recipe you used!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o first birthday parties

• Options

We had a friend of our's make Hunter's cake. It was no way at all healthy. One layer was french vanilla and the second layer was some kind of chocolate.

I really wanted to make it myself but I was running out of time so I ended up paying her to do it. Less stress on me.

• Options
    We are going to do a no-sugar added carrot cake. I found the recipe in What to Expect in the First Year.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did traditional cake for both their 1st birthdays.  Neither of them cared much for cake and hardly ate any of it.  DD still doesn't like cake.  She certainly doesn't take after me. 
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Options

We had our wedding baker make the cakes for each first birthday.  (She only charges like $30 for a sheet cake).  It was marble cake with buttercream frosting... yummm.  

No smash cake, they just smashed into a little corner and I cut around that for the guests.  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We had DS's 1st cake made.  I think it was a white cake and it was so yummy! We also did a smash cake. 

April 2009
  • Options
    I ordered DDs cake and it was chocolate marble inside. She barely ate it. It's such a small amount it seemed silly to make some healthy cake for her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    JCMJCM member
    DD had a smash cake of her own for her 1st birthday but it was real (chocolate) cake & we had a baker make it.  It was just a smaller version of the large birthday cake for everyone else.  Her 1st birthday theme was Elmo so there was lots of red frosting everywhere, just perfect for the messy 1st birthday picture I wanted.
  • Options
    DS loves anything banana so i'm making him a banana cake with cream cheese frosting.  I'm also making Elmo cupcakes which will be yellow cake (got the recipe on pinterest "the best yellow cake ever") and regular vanilla frosting.
  • Options
    I did a regular cupcake for him, but I went very light on the frosting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"