Stay at Home Moms
Options

? for those who have a daycare...

Sorry I know that I have seen this on this board before but I went back several pages and couldn't find anything.Nor did the search function turn anything up.

I am about to have Lo#2 and am contemplating starting a small in home daycare. I love kids and have a bachelors in child development. I currently work in a restaurant that I have worked at for 8 years...so far it has worked for us. I work evenings, husband works early mornings and is home by 2pm. I really really hate the current job but the money and schedule has worked for us.

Anyways, I am thinking of just taking a few kids to help supplement our income. Just wondering for those of you who currently do this...how do you like it? Any major pros and cons? I am a little afraid to take the leap and then end up hating working in the home all the time. But I would love to have weekends off and have dinner with my family more than 3 nights a week. Any insight would be appreciated. TIA!

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? for those who have a daycare...

• Options

It's a lot of work, but I enjoy the money.  

Getting licensed in CA is a PITA...  MAJORLY.

I work 8am - 6pm.  My parents know that I start making dinner for my family at 5pm, and that means the kids are parked in front of the TV or at the table doing supervised coloring/playdoh until pick up.  

Pros - cash, write-offs, friends come over to play with my kids everyday, make my own hours

Cons - housebound, arranging appts for myself and my kids is difficult without an assistant 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJaysonandKristin:

It's a lot of work, but I enjoy the money.  

Getting licensed in CA is a PITA...  MAJORLY.

I work 8am - 6pm.  My parents know that I start making dinner for my family at 5pm, and that means the kids are parked in front of the TV or at the table doing supervised coloring/playdoh until pick up.  

Pros - cash, write-offs, friends come over to play with my kids everyday, make my own hours

Cons - housebound, arranging appts for myself and my kids is difficult without an assistant 

She pretty much summed it up.  I have a degree in child development, which means I really didn't make much in the work force.  I love love love not having to get ready for work, waking my kids, and being home with them.  I do miss the freedom to take my kids and run errands and do fun things whenever we want, but I really love the social interaction they get daily.  It can be a lot of work, but after doing it for more than 3 years I've learned to interview potential clients as much as I can before accepting them.  I also have a "contract" written out stating my sick, vacation, time off, and payment policy to help set guidelines on expectations. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"