Pregnant after a Loss

? About getting NT scan results

I had my NT scan with the first blood draw at 12 weeks and just had my second blood draw this past week at 16 weeks. How long does it typically take to get the results back? Do I have to wait until my next appointment at 20 weeks or can I call and get them before then? 
First BFP April 2011, EDD 01/11/11, MMC June 20, 2011 D&C June 20, 2011 Second BFP September 23, 20011 CP diagnosed September 26, 2011 PAL/PGAL welcome
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: ? About getting NT scan results

• I think it varies widely by you doctor or where you live. In California it's a state program and they give you the preliminary results 7-10 days after the blood draw (which is done after the u/s) then you do the 2nd round of b/w a month later and get the final results 7-10 days after that. I know of some people, though who get the blood drawn in advance and then get the results the day of the u/s and some people who have to wait until after both rounds of b/w are drawn. I would give the nurse a call to find out what to expect.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My MFM normally goes by the no news is good news approach, and you get your results at your next OB appointment.  That being said, I had issues with my last pregnancy, so this time around MFM agreed to call me either way with the results.  I had my blood drawn on a Friday and had results first thing Wed. morning.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Stepmom to: Lizzie (4); Justin (10); and Cameron (13)
    Mom to 3 angels: Baby 1 MC 2/13/09 @ 7 wks; Baby 2 CP 11/5/10 @ 5 wks;
    and Brendan - Late Loss 4/27/11 @ 20 wks

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    <a href="http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f355/erinmarie74/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • My midwife called me less than a week later, but I had a scare during my NT scan, that made me have to have another ultra sound at the hospital, so I was all stressed out to begin with. I ended up having the lowest possible chance of any issue that the test can give back, but I was super glad she called. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine took almost 2 weeks
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, ladies! I called my OB nurse and she said we should have them in a week at the most but usually in about 3 days. So if they haven't called by Wednesday, which will be 7 days, I'm going to call again and ask. Fx that everything comes back great!
    First BFP April 2011, EDD 01/11/11, MMC June 20, 2011 D&C June 20, 2011 Second BFP September 23, 20011 CP diagnosed September 26, 2011 PAL/PGAL welcome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I am not sure.  I got my NT scan results and they called me about that b/w 2 days later.  I am not planning on having the b/w done at 16w though.  Just my anatomy scan next.  I would call them and ask about it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"