Special Needs
Options

Feeling hopeless and discouraged....

Im trying to keep my spirits up, however, every time I go to the dr we keep getting bad news. This last week, we found out that the baby is measuring 2 weeks behind as opposed to the one week behind the week prior.

The doctor cannot take her out because of her heart condition so now we are in a wait and see mode.  I have Polyhydramnios and I am at risk for my water breaking early. Ugh! I just want to help my little girl.  Just to recap - my baby has Truncus Aterious (heart condition) and we are waiting for the Chromosome 22 results to come back.

Anyone been through this?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Me - 41 DH - 28 **** Proud mom to Christopher, dob 7/15/92 **** Nathaniel dob 1/18/05 -1/18/05 (8 mos) in heaven **** bfp 8/26/10 m/c 10/14/10 at 7 wks. **** D&C 10/15/10 **** Cycles 1-4 BFN's **** Cycle #5 - 100 mg Clomid **** IUI #1 - 04/23/11 and 4/24/11 - 5/8/11 IUI #1 = BFFN BFP 10/14/11 - EDD 6/22/12** Stick little one Stick! Athena Jane 5/31/12 - 8/28/12

Re: Feeling hopeless and discouraged....

• Options
    My SIL had Polyhydramnios - I really feel for you. It sounds like they are keeping on top of things with u/s, are they going to schedule a c/s for you? All I can offer is hugs, and hang in there for your lo. And yes, I do understand your fear of your water breaking early, I hope they are able to do everything they can to help you both.
  • Options

Hang in there sweetie! I had polyhydramnios with my second who was born at 31 weeks and has Down's syndrome. He subsequently had to have heart surgery and taken home on NG tube feedings and oxygen.  At the time we were 18 yrs old and had no forehand knowledge our baby had any problems until he was born.

Fast forward yrs later, and no additional heart surgeries needed and off the oxygen and tube feedings.   We still face the everyday challenges as he has autism in addition to Downs, but we are so blessed to have him.

I know you must be heartbroken, mostly bc no mother wants the baby to endure any hardship, especially so early on in life.  You are strong and I commend you for your perseverance.  Continue to educate yourself for whatever comes... you'll be that much more ahead of the game.

Thinking and praying for you and your little one. 

Feel free to PM me if you'd like...  

SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"