Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

8 weeks - sleeping all the time?

My DD turned 8 weeks yesterday, and for the last 3 days she has been sleeping a LOT more than usual. She has been a good sleeper anyway, but now she's only spending 2-3 hours awake per day, tops. She isn't running a temp and doesn't seem to be sick. Also, she isn't eating for very long before falling asleep at the boob, no longer than 5 minutes. Is this normal? She has a pedi appt next week so if this is still happening I will bring it up, but I wondered if any of you ladies had experienced the same thing. Also, sorry for the lack of spacing - I'm bumping from my phone. 

Together - 11/9/08
     Married - 7/10/10
     Nt/Np - 1/14/11
    BFP! - 5/20/11 EDD - 1/25/12
    It's a girl! - 9/7/11
    A family of 3 - 2/2/12
    Nt/Np - 4/15/12
     BFP! - 5/16/13  EDD - 1/22/14
     Discovered baby's not growing w/ no heartbeat - 6/7/13      
    Natural M/C @ 6.5w - 6/15/13
    Nt/Np - 6/25/13
    BFP! - 10/25/13  EDD - 7/1/14
    Missed M/C (natural) - 11/5/13 @ 6w
    Nt/Np - 11/17/13
     BFP! - 5/29/14  EDD - 2/7/15
     It's a girl! - 9/19/14
    A family of 4 - 2/13/15
    Nt/Np - 4/9/15
    BFP! - 4/1/16  EDD - 12/05/16
It's a boy! - 7/19/16
A family of 5 - 12/10/16
DH vasectomy - 3/30/17

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: 8 weeks - sleeping all the time?

• Options

My baby girl turns 8 wks sunday and is too sleeping a lot. I looked into it and found that she most be going through a growth spurt. She has her 2 month check up monday. I'll update you if the Dr says otherwise. BTW: good luck and catch up with your sleep. I know I needed it :)

• Options

My 9 week old has been sleeping a lot lately too. He will eat and most times will fall asleep directly after eating and be out for an hour or two. Probably just a growth spurt. He has his 2 month checkup this week and the doc said everything is great!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nice! I was getting worried today because DS has been sleeping ALL day. He has colic, so I suppose it's better than him crying but it scared me!

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My DS is also 8 weeks and sleeping all the time so glad to hear its not just mine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"