Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Anyone else loosing hair like crazy?

I lost some hair pre-pregnancy but NOTHING like this..Every time I fix my hair tie I get hand fulls of hair. In the shower I loose so much I could make a wig. Its everywhere. All over my house, on my DD's clothes,around her fingers and toes even sometimes in her diapers!   I just Googled it and read that its normal Postpartum but gosh I'm really starting to freak out! I love my hair and now im losing it all and its looks unhealthy.No bald spots yet but at this rate I'll look like DH in a month.

Anyone else? Please tell me I'm not alone :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else loosing hair like crazy?

• Me too!  It's totally normal though.  I still had plenty of hair left after this happened with DD :)
  • Nice to know that I am not the only one.  DS is also losing hair as well.  :P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just noticed this starting today.  Happened with DS too.  Major bummer, but you won't need a wig.
    TTC #1 May 2007
    M/C January 2008
    DS February 16th, 2009

TTC #2 July 2010
    Diagnosed MFI
    IUI#1 w/ bravelle 5/12/11 -- 0% morph on day of IUI, but somehow BFP:
    Beta #1 38 at 12dpiui, Beta #2 85 at 14dpiui Beta #3 1100 at 19dpiui
    DD born December 28, 2011 at 34w6d

Baby #3 due June 14, 2015

• When it happened with my first, I thought I was getting sick or something. It was kind of scary (and majorly gross).

I was totally expecting it this time, and it's happening again -- right on time! Blergh. But it'll get better. It's just all the hair you didn't lose when you were pregnant. 

• Your definitely not alone. I started to notice handfuls of my hair yesterday...All part of the deal I guess:) 
    Mom To Beautiful Scarlett- Born December 5th, 2011-CatCat33
  • Ugh, yes. It didn't start until 3 months pp, I thought it would be right after having her but nope
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My hairdresser told me the reason why is because when you are pregnant, you don't really lose that much hair.  Maybe a few strands here and there but not the 100 hairs usually lost a day.  Then, after you are no longer pregnant, you lose all the hair that never fell out, so it looks like scary and unhealthy clumps are coming out, but its just the hair that never fell out for the last 9 months.  Mine has really started to fall out, but no clumps as of yet.  DD will be 12 weeks tomorrow. 
  • Still happening for me and DD is 18 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Oh yeah!  For about 2 months now it has been coming out and it is everywhere!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageamyc216:
    Oh yeah!  For about 2 months now it has been coming out and it is everywhere!

Same here. I have always had thick hair and a lot of it but it's noticably thinner.

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
    Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
    IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
    Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
    Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • LO is 20 weeks old and it's still happening for me. So gross. I read on kellymom that it can happen for as long as 12 months pp. Ugh.
  • You're not alone. My hair is been falling out crazy since DD was 3months. It's everywhere! I use to love my beautiful long hair and now I just want to chop it all off. Hopefully it stops soon. I can't take it much longer!!
  • I hate it! It is everywhere! It grosses me out. Especially when I give DS a bath and I find it on him. I can't wait for it to stop and my hormones balance back out. I have long, thick hair so I still have a lot of hair. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imagecrystalw13:
    My hairdresser told me the reason why is because when you are pregnant, you don't really lose that much hair.  Maybe a few strands here and there but not the 100 hairs usually lost a day.  Then, after you are no longer pregnant, you lose all the hair that never fell out, so it looks like scary and unhealthy clumps are coming out, but its just the hair that never fell out for the last 9 months.  Mine has really started to fall out, but no clumps as of yet.  DD will be 12 weeks tomorrow. 

^^^^  This!!!  My hairdresser warned me of the same so I didn't feel as traumatized about it when it happened...  Up until she said something to me about it with my first I'd never heard about it before...  Basically she said - "Just be forwarned, it'll feel like you're going bald with how much you'll lose but it only goes to where you were pre-pregnancy"...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Count me in too.  It just started about a week or two ago.  My hair is all over the house and it comes out in huge amounts, especially if I go every other day washing it. 
  • I now have 2. Yes 2 bald spots on the front part of my head!! Boooooooooooo
  • No bald spots which is surprising because I pull chunks out every time I take a shower, just ungodly amounts of hair! A ton of bone straight, super fine hair + postpartum = one bat sh!t crazy mama. It's everywhere! DS's diapers, fingers and toes, the tub, clothes, the kitchen sink, even bound up with the towels in the dryer. I'm sooo tired of it, I swear I'm going to buy a hair net to cook dinner. Not to mention I can't even set DS on the floor half the time because he ends up with gobs of it in his fingers, then he tries to suck on his hands! BLEH!! I'm praying it ends soon, I'm trying to grow my hair out, but it's been happening for 4 months!
  • A few days shy of 6 months here and still losing clumps of hair....
  • yes. I am losing so much hair, I thought something was wrong. I'm starting to get a thin spot right on my hair line :( never thought at 24 this would happen.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• That happened with me from about 2-5 months pp.  Its gotten better, thankfully.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"