Cloth Diapering
Options

What kind of diaper rash cream?

I didn't start using cloth until DS2 was over a year old and we never really needed diaper rash cream by that point. I'm finishing  up my list of things I need to get for this LO and I realized that I have no idea what kind of diaper rash cream to buy. The only ones I've ever used aren't safe for cloth. What does everyone like and where did you buy it? We live in the middle of nowhere so I'll be ordering online. TIA.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What kind of diaper rash cream?

• Options
    CJs BUTTer cream is great and smells great too. You can buy a sample to try from most places for 1-2 dollars. 
  • Options

For a preventive cream I like CJs BUTTer (purchased online from Abby's Lane)

To treat a rash I like California Baby Diaper Cream (purchased at Target or online) and for bad rashes Aveeno (not exactly CD safe, I just use it with fleece liners and haven't had a problem; purchased at Target or online).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like a lot of other CD mamas, I swear by coconut oil. Smells great, washes out easily because of its low melting point, and it has anti-bacterial and anti-yeast properties. We have had zero diaper rash issues since we started using it. A big bonus, you can buy it at the grocery store.

• Options

imageEAJ10210:
    Like a lot of other CD mamas, I swear by coconut oil. Smells great, washes out easily because of its low melting point, and it has anti-bacterial and anti-yeast properties. We have had zero diaper rash issues since we started using it. A big bonus, you can buy it at the grocery store.

This.  love it! 

• Options
    I've been using Burt's Bees and it really works for us. 
    Photobucket

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Is Burt's safe? I see mixed things but we have 2 tubes here so I was hoping. 
    TTC #1 since 6/08, MFI dx'd 3/09 Varicocelectomy 6/09, Hydrocelectomy 10/09 IVF with ICSI in Jan/Feb 2010 ER 2/7, ET 2/12 - transferred 2 blasts 5 snowbabies Beta #1 = 22 #2 = 19. Chemical Pregnancy :( FET May 2010 ET 5/30 - transferred 3 embies = BFN Fall/10 Went Gluten free + New RE and Clinic IUI #1 + Clomid 50 mg (1 follie) on 1/18 IUI #2 + Clomid 100 mg (1 follie) on 2/15 IUI# 3 + Femara 7.5 mg (1 follie) on 3/14 = BFP!!!! Beta #1 = 172 (15dpiui) Beta #2 =683!!! Ultrasound at 7 wks: 1 perfect beating heart. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

2 parts olive oil to 1 part tea tree oil, use liberally. Best thing I've found to clear up diaper rash. 

Preventative: Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Butter and CJ's.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image image image
  • Options
    Generally we don't use any cream at all and DD has only ever had 1 rash (yeast) in her 5 months. For that we used a few drops of TTO in coconut oil and it cleared up. TTO is fantastic!
  • Options
    CJ BUTTer has their own web page where you can buy a "sample' pack of I think 8 different scents to try out.  it is awesome.  They are perfect size for you purse (for cuticle cream) diaper bag etc. and you can try them out before you are stuck with a scent you are not fond of in a big size.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For some reason I thought I remembered seeing this one okayed at some point "Boudreaux's Butt Paste"....is that right or wrong?
  • Options
    We love C Js too. However, I suspect it might be the cause of some repelling issues we are having. Maybe. On their website it says that some people have reported repelling. So, I still love it and recommend it, but would recommend a liner just in case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"