Military Families

Blended Families & Deployment

We were scheduled to have my stepdaughter for six weeks this summer. We have already purchased the tickets and they weren't cheap as we just moved to Hawaii. We recently found out that my husband will deploy right before she is supposed to get here. I know stepparents don't have "rights" but I heard that there is some newer act that protects military visitation rights, that the service member can designate his visitation to a family member. I have heard about half of the states have this and I am having trouble finding out which ones do. I have talked with our attorney who needed to research it further but hadn't heard back from her yet. Does anyone know about this and/or if it applies to Texas?
? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Blended Families & Deployment

• I don't know anything about the visitation, but you should be able to call the airline, and tell them there has been a change in your husband's orders. They will likely let you transfer the ticket to another date within a year and they will waive the transfer fee.  I did this a few months ago when my husbands deployment date was changed at the last minute.  It's worth a try.  Good luck
    TTC since Oct. 2010 2/12 fertility testing, Diagnosed with Sporadic Ovulation Aug./Sep. 2012 Clomid Cycle #1- BFP! at 14DPO Missed m/c at 6w4d, discovered in U/S at 10w2d on 11/06/12. Natural Miscarriage on 11/12/12 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"