Multiples
Options

Fun ways to announce that we are having twins

My husband and I just found out that we are having identical twins!!! We are still early and waiting to tell friends. But we want fun and creative ways to tell people. Any suggestions??

Re: Fun ways to announce that we are having twins

• Options
    We sent out on email with a pic that is in my siggy. Took people awhile to figure it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We took a pic of our girls each holding a pair of booties that said "our family is growing again....by 4 feet".

If you don't already have kids, you could just take a pic of the booties with a similar message

Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are doing family photos next week, our photographer has a few cute ideas. I'll post the sneak peek next weekend hopefully! 
  • Options

Me:  Mom, I'm having two.

Mom:  Two what?

Me:  BABIES!

Mom:  Oh, Meredith, I need to sit down. 

True story. 

• Options

I couldn't wait to tell and sent DH and my mom a pic of the u/s. Called my mom and she didn't get the message yet so I said well you know how we were joking around about twins, ya it came true. She screamed loudly and I heard her say twins on the phone so her WHOLE office, which is where my DH works, knew within a minute. SHe then must have called the world because my phone was blowing up all day! But it was ok with me made me happy she was so excited. DH ont he other hand was ready to beat up everyone in my family who said I should have the twins int he family, the day before we found out!

I think coming up with something original and fun would be a blast and nice to have such a HUGE secret between you and SO. We waited and announced our sex of twins with xmas card and DD holding a sign saying twin girls!

• Options
    OU--that's great!!!  I had a similar story with my Dad....that's great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and depending how far a long you are and when you want to share, maybe Easter would be a good time with something cute like 2 little chicks, or eggs. Like a pic of you guys with 2 of soemthing eastery saying the eastur bunny dropped off 2 extra gifts this year...that may be corny but something...
  • Options

We waited until Valentine's Day and then updated our facebook status saying:

Roses are Red
    Violets are blue
    The (last name)'s are knocked up...
    and guess what--
    THERE'S TWO!!!!!!!

• Options

Oh man, I love these ideas, I wish I had been so creative!

We were too busy being shocked/panicked.... My conversation with my Dad went something like this....

Me: we had an ultrasound today, and there's two babies...

Dad: No ***!!!

Me: Yes ***!!!!

Oh well.... Stick out tongue 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I am just about to post this photo on FB to announce.  My favorite food are crabs, so that is why we used those.  Hopefully people will get it!  And we are posting on April Fools Day (the day after we tell our families in person) so that should be fun.

Wedding Bio
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
    Jeep Doll = Jeepie Doll
    April Siggy: April Shower with Gerard Butler mmmmmm
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

When I posted on FB I came up with this ridiculous poem....laugh away. :) 

"Although we don't know whether to buy pink or blue, we do know we will need not just one but two!  (Our last name) Twins expected arrival June 12, 2012."

Sadly it still took some people a little while to figure it out. :)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I sent a pic of our u/s to my mom and bff and let them ask why there were two =).

For our fb friends mil/fil had bought us a shirt from cafepress that had 2 baby faces where one said Marco and the other polo. So I took a pic of me wearing the shirt holding an u/s in each hand.

• Options
    Very cute ideas on here.  We actually found out they were twins on April Fools, which is ironic bc that is DH's "holiday"... they fooled him that yr!  Anyway, once we felt comfortable sharing the news of twins, we told the grandmas, and they spread the news, and like pp, rather quickly.  Our phones were ringing non-stop for the next day or two with all the excitement.  
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We announced at a family reunion by showing an ultrasound picture to everyone and it just happened to work out:

SIL: It looks like two babies! Hah hah! (totally joking) 

Us: Well actually...there ARE two in there.

COMPLETE SILENCE and then screaming/crying/chaos

And then: "Who's the other daddy?" .....Confused

• Options

We had an u/s pic that showed both of our babies and the tech has written "Surprise! Twins!". We just showed that to our families.

• Options

We had already told immediate family I was pregnant, but we didn't plan to tell anyone else until after my first appointment at 8w. That was when we saw the big surprise that we had two in there.

I think my FB status said something like "well we had a cute pregnancy announcement ready for you, and then we saw two surprises." So everyone found out about the twins on the same day, including us!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I put a Facebook pic up of me holding a onesie. Caption: Guess what?

I left that up for an hour or do, then followed it up with a pic of me holding two onesies, caption: there's a little more to the story!

Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

• Options

For family, we showed the ultrasound after telling them we were expecting and waited to see if anyone guessed there were two!  A few people did!

For friends on Facebook I put "+2= 4 ;-)" and waited to see if anyone got is :-). (these are our first) 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I put on my fb page "The [last name] family is growing by 4 feet!  Estimated due date of the [last name] twins November 19, 2011."

The sad part was, a lot of people didn't "get" that I Was having twins...hm.  Don't think I could have spelled it out any clearer.

With my mom and MH's mom, we just called them.  My mom thought I Was lying and didn't believe me until she saw the u/s pics.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Visit My Twin Life 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"