Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby Carriers

How old does your LO need to be in order to start carrying them around in a Baby Bjorn or similar baby carrier?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby Carriers

• Options
    I have the Baby Bjorn and their website said you can use it from birth, but baby must weight 8lbs or more. My baby weighed over 8 lbs at birth, so we used ours within the first two weeks or so (I had a c-section, so it was that long before I felt up to carrying her around.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It's all based on weight...not age.  Most carriers say 8lbs, but some can be used with smaller babies.

I do advise against the bjorn as it puts the weight of your baby on his/her crotch instead of on their butt like an ergo would.

I've been carrying my LO in a mei tai or Moby since she was about 7.5 lbs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have the baby k'tan, and it says min 8 lbs. We used it earlier than that, but just for a few mins around the house.

My guess is it depends on which one you have, exactly.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We used the ERGO baby carrier from the first week.  My LO was 6 lbs when he was born.  We bought the infant insert.  He loves it.  He falls to sleep right away when in it.
  • Options
     most  you can do from birth. you might want to look into other carriers that are better on the hips though....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"