December 2010 Moms
Options

*babycakes*

Hey there- did Griff have any Rx other than ointment for HFM? Just curious b/c our pedi said just continue with the ointment, but obviously that's not going to do the inside of his mouth any good. So frustrating! Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: *babycakes*

• Options

No, they said it was a virus and had to take its course.  =(  It sucks so bad.  Griff barely ate or drank anything because of the sores in his mouth.  And then when I got it I realized how bad it hurt to swollow!  The sores on the hands and feet hurt like a mofo too!

I did read on another board though that their pedi recommended swabbing a mixture of maalox and benadryl into the mouth with a cotton swab.  I guess it soothes the sores.  I didn?t try it so maybe google or run it by your pedi and see if thats alright?

Hows LO today?  Better, I hope!! 

• Options

ooh thanks for the info, I'll look into it.

Sucks that there's not much we can do for it.

He's had 2 days & nights of eating better & sleeping well, so I hope he's on the mend. I did notice a sore on his gums right behind his 2 bottom front teeth today, but I don't know if it's new or not. He's got his mouth on lock down!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aww, poor guy.  Well I'll still send lots of *healthy vibes* his way Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"