Nurseries and Baby Gear

Room Arrangement for Toddler & Infant

Currently, we live in a ranch style house with a master and 2 smaller rooms on one end of the house and then an upstairs bonus room (with bathroom) on the other side of the house which is currently the man cave/den. My MIL lives with us so the man cave/den is sort of where we retreat while MIL watches her show.

MIL occupies one of the spare rooms (she is disabled and cannot go upstairs) and DS has the other. With baby #2 on the way we have been tossing ideas around.  Baby #2 will be in our room till 3 months (at least). DS's Crib is convertible to a toddler bed.

Really early but I welcome advice...Do we move DS over to the upstairs bonus room or have the kids share a room?

If they share, would you use the toddler bed feature of DS crib, buy another crib or transition DS to a Twin bed?

TIA

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Oct Angel Babies

Re: Room Arrangement for Toddler & Infant

• I'd keep them separate until #2 adjusts to a sleep through the night schedule. If #2 disrupting #1s sleeping schedule can be avoided I'd try to go for that.
  • Until now, our extra room was used as my wife cave, which I loooooooooooooved. But now that the baby is on its way, I am benevolently sacrificing it. I would just rather the kids have 2 separate rooms, and don't want my daughter to harbor any resentment towards the baby. I do, however, understand the conflict. I miss my wife cave :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"