Stay at Home Moms
Options

1st birthday advice

Did you/will you have a theme for your LOs first birthday?

Did you just get invites from Hallmark or somewhere or online?

What kind of food did you serve and where was it?

Thanks for answering all my questions...I just started thinking about it.  I have a little more than 3 months still so I figured I would just start gathering ideas.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st birthday advice

• Options
    MJCFMJCF member
    imagelisamoe:

Winter Onederland.

I made them.

Rented a room at the community center. Too many ppl for our small house. Meatballs, finger sandwiches, veggie tray, fruit salad, pita chips and hummus and lots of sweets!!

Thanks for answering all my questions...I just started thinking about it.  I have a little more than 3 months still so I figured I would just start gathering ideas.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My son's party is next Saturday!!!!! (omg!)

The theme is just "birthday" ...bright colors, lots of balloons, streamers, etc. I couldn't pick a theme and he's not really old enough to, so no theme. The only character he loves is Elmo so we're doing Elmo cupcakes and a few Elmo balloons. Most of the kids are older, so Elmo favors and decorations don't really seem worth it.

I got invitations at Target and hand wrote them. They are bright colorful catepillars that fold up and open accordian style. They're cute and they were cheap.

We're having it at our house, so a lot depepnds on weather. If it's nice it will be more BBQ style. If not, I plan to pick up a few sheet pizzas from a local restaurant. I'm also making cake, cupcakes and some cold apps (a few dips, cheese and crackers, etc.)

Have fun planning!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelisamoe:

Yes.  We did a Hundred Acre Wood theme bc DD loves Pooh and the party was in a pavilion in a wooded park.

I did invites at VistaPrint,com

We did her 1 yr pics at Portrait Innovations and got the thank you cards from there.

I baked the deserts and didn't want to overwhelm myself so I just did salad bags and pizza for the food.  Chips and pretzels on tables.  And a variety of drinks.

I plan on doing more for the next party.

• Options
    id012id012 member
    imagelisamoe:

the theme was pirates 

My bil is a graphic designer, he makes all my invites

We had, fruit veggie and cheese and cracker trays. Chips, dips, pretzels. Chicken, sausage and peppers, chicken pasta salad, toss salad, and pizza. Brownies and cake

• Options
    imagelisamoe:

Did you/will you have a theme for your LOs first birthday? Minnie Mouse

Did you just get invites from Hallmark or somewhere or online? There were many invites available online/Hallmark.  But my neighbor has a cricut machine so we made them up ourselves.

What kind of food did you serve and where was it?  We are having it at our house.  Our current menu plan is hotdogs, hamburgers, chips with this awesome homemade salsa, pasta salad, broccoli/cauliflower salad, fruit tray, cake, and cupcakes.

I've been planning her party since about 8 months old...and now that it's 20 days away I'm freaking out...I'm not ready for this!

Edit: We are having soda, water, wine, and juice available.  I bought some disposable sippy cups for the kids, I'm going to put their names on them using mickey mouse stickers.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Our theme for DS's first birthday was baseball. We had the party at our house. I did not go super crazy with decorations, but purchased some plates, cake plates and napkins from www.1stwishes.com (they have a ton of cute first birthday stuff.) I made two banners to match the first birthday stuff we ordered and had some red and blue balloons. I ordered first birthday photo invites from Snapfish. For food we served a taco/nacho bar, fruit, and had a large cake shaped like #1. For DS's smash cake he had a jumbo cupcake decorated to look like a baseball. Have fun planning!
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm thinking of doing a Muppets theme for his party, either that or a kind of rockstar theme, bc he loves music.  Seriously I put on a music video on tv and he is transfixed!

I plan on ordering my invites from Vistaprint, I did my wedding invites and birth announcements thru them and was very pleased.  Plus they always have great deals.

I plan on doing bbq style foods

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme for Hunter. He love's Mickey!

I made his invitations. They were the shape of Mickey's head.

We served hot dogs, chips, ranch dip and cheese dip. We had cupcakes and brownies. Hunter had his own smash cake. It was at a local clubhouse.

• Options
    imagelisamoe:

Did you/will you have a theme for your LOs first birthday? We are going to do a red riding hood theme.

Did you just get invites from Hallmark or somewhere or online? I found some blank cards at Michael's that were 6 for $1. They fit my colors (reds and browns) so I embellished them a little to make them go with our red riding hood theme.

What kind of food did you serve and where was it? We are having the party at a park pavillion, which is perfect because the park is wooded. I am serving sandwich platters, veggie, fruit, and meat trays, and some chips and dip. I wanted to do something that didn't required electricity to keep it warm. Also, there will be a dessert buffet with cupcakes, cookies, brownies, chocolate covered pretzels and cake pops. Our guest list is mostly adults so the dessert buffet is going to have bags for guests to take goodies home as their favor.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DD had a Winter ONEderland theme and it was so much fun!

I ordered invites from Etsy

We had a Chili bar with 3 types of chili, cornbread, chips and dip, hot buttered apple cider and lots of alcohol!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"