LGBT Parenting

Weekend Plans

What do you have going on this weekend?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Weekend Plans

• I am off today because the kids' don't have school. Plans are still up in the air because last night a close friend of ours and her son (one of the boys best friends) came over so the adults could go on a walk and the kids could ride their scooters. We hadn't gotten far from home when the boys' friend rode his scooter down a big hill, fell off, and broke his femur in 2 places. I went with them to the ER and then they were transferred to the hospital where I work because he needs surgery. I feel horrible for them. So, I am waiting to hear if I can bring her anything/do anything for them. If she is situated (her parents are there - she is a single mom) I might take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese by their school to check it out as a birthday option. They really really want their b-day party at CEC and L and I are trying as hard as possible to avoid it. ;) Tonight  we are going to dinner at our favorite Mexican place. We've been going there since we moved here 7.5y ago (sometimes multiple times a week!) and are friendly with the owner. They are closing tomorrow night for good since they are building a Walgreens in that space. :( It is going to be sad.

Tomorrow - the kids have swimming lessons in the AM. L said that she has some school stuff she needs to take care of so the kids and I will do something. No idea what we'll do.

Sunday - See Saturday. Aside from the swimming part, I think it will be the same. If their friend is feeling better, I might sneak them in to see him and bring some gifts. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 2brides - sorry to hear about the boys' friend. :-(

Tonight - not much

Tomorrow - I'm on an advisory board of a new non-profit so the board is going to meet Saturday afternoon.  The kids will run around and the adults will try to accomplish actual work.

Sunday - I think I'm going to try to do some prepping for DD's birthday.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We're heading to the in-laws for the weekend. I can't tell you how not excited I am about these plans. I love them, but a weekend relaxing at home and preparing for next week would be *really* nice.
  • Tonight - Trav is on baby-duty because my coworker and I are heading out to dinner and The Hunger Games! I'm so excited.

Tomorrow - not sure, but planning on going out to do something together. Maybe the Please Touch Museum, or something similar.

Sunday - no plans right now... just relaxing and doing chores around the house. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Tonight I think we'll just collapse at home and recover from the week.

Tomorrow we'll do our errands/cleaning/laundry, and DW has a virtual happy hour scheduled.  Hopefully her coworker will lend us the next season of Big Bang Theory, which we have been working through.  

Sunday I think we're going to the Natural History Museum during the day and then fancy date night (inspired by a giftcard).  Yay. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • imagethefamilyway904:
    We're heading to the in-laws for the weekend. I can't tell you how not excited I am about these plans. I love them, but a weekend relaxing at home and preparing for next week would be *really* nice.

Ditto this.  Love my in laws but a weekend there and not home. Yuck.  We have not seen them in a month so it has to happen but not looking forward to it.  To add to the fun we are stopping by a high school friend of dw's on the way there (only it is 30 min past her parents) on Sat afternoon since another friend is in from CA and we want to meet their new baby/have them meet Ella.  We sleep over Sat night and then Sunday dw informed me she has plans to go to brunch with friends on Sunday at 11 leaving me with E for the morning/afternoon at the in laws.  I am not all that happy about it. Argh.  Hopefully we have a nice relaxing time and E enjoys seening her mimi and buba.

• It has been awhile since I post any weekend plans! Well - tonight is just layback and relax. 

Tomorrow? Celebrate Little Bear's 2nd birthday! It's hard to believe he's turning 2! We're going to celebrate at home since it's a gloomy weather weekend. He's getting a load of Thomas & Friends stuff. 

Sunday? Recover! Some errands here and there.. Play with the Little Bear and his trains! 

2Bride - hope the boys' friend heals quickly! Hugs to the kiddos. (btw: thanks for the peanut butter ball recipe - it's a big hit in this family). 

Mom to a wonderful kiddo. Wishing/Hoping for a second LO.
  • wow 2brides, sorry to hear about that!  best wishes to him.

Tonight: well, i just got a call from the school nurse that something is up with Sprout's tooth (actually, they called my brother (!?!?!) who called me so I"m not completely sure what's up) and he need to be picked up.  So DW is going to get him and the weekend will start early for them.

Tomorrow: Rosebud has her baby ballet dance "recital" in the morning so my parents and DW will go to that while I watch the other two (and maybe try out the daycare at my new gym so I can workout). Sprout and DW are supposed to have tball in the afternoon but the forcast is calling for snow (?!?!) so thats TBD.

Sunday: My dad's bday. We'll probably go to church in the am, lunch, then he wants to go to a hockey game. No clue when the baby is supposed to nap in all of that...it should be interesting!

• Today I'm off work, and had scheduled a talk with my Dad so he could give me advice on life insurance (really just an intimacy building opportunity), we talked for about an hour at the end of which EV came home and surprised me with a breakfast burrito.  She decided to work from home today, and we're sitting in the living room hanging out. I have no motivation to do the homework I need to get done, or tackle the nursery - but this feels good all the same.

Probably will take the dogs to the dog park once or twice this weekend, do said homework and chores mentioned above and maybe take a few naps.... We'll see.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• No plans this weekend except to pick up my new (to me) car!  We are buying a Toyota Sequoia from the mom of one of J's employees.  I am so excited that we will all fit in this car, we had to squish into the car we got last year.
  • After I send some emails, I have the afternoon free and then a client consultation/interview this evening at 6pm. Tomorrow I'm teaching the second part of a weekend 'mini-series" childbirth class from 9-2pm, then off until Monday morning. Most likely working on taxes and hanging out at home this weekend, maybe the farmers market on Sunday.
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tonight: Pizza and movie night at home with E. She's been looking forward to it all week long...well maybe since last week!

Tomorrow: I don't know. Laundry, chores, hopefully some packing. Trying to find ways to entertain E inside while doing said things (weather is supposed to be crappy). Maybe take E to visit her nana and papa so I can get some things done.

Sunday: We are invited to a mid-day lunch/Easter egg hunt at the house of some twins who are E's friends from school. It will be rainy, muddy and surely lots of fun. I'm bringing oj for mimosas, so perhaps it won't be too bad! Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"