Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Where to have LO sleep

Our day care provider has given us her list of dates that she will be off for the rest of the year, and a lot of them are this summer, which is fine.  My mom will watch LO, but the problem I'm having is where to have him nap at her house.  She has a portable crib, but he's almost to big for that already and there's another 3-5 months before he'll be there for days at a time.

I thought of buying a pack and play, but the more I read, the more I'm realizing they're not that big either!  I know he'll just crawl right off a bed or air mattress and never actually sleep.  Any ideas?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where to have LO sleep

• Options

I honestly would look for yard sale or consignment shop cribs.  We have a crib at bothmy mom's and my inlaws and it just makes life so much easier.

• Options
    I think your options are limited to a PNP or a crib. Sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PNP or a cheap crib are the only things I can think of.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A PNP should be plenty big enough. My 2 year old still sleeps in ours from time to time and is fine.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Oh the joys of daycare....

You are stuck with either a PNP or a crib. My parents got a PNP for the grandkids to sleep in while they stay there. My nephew used it at two and was fine. You can get one fairly cheap if you don't need all the bells and whistles. I think my parents spent $50 for theirs new at Costco

• Options
    buy buy baby has those cribs that fold up... but idk how much they are
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    What about a camping mat on the ground?  Or are you concerned about LO waking up and wandering off?  My DC transitions to mats on the ground as they get older.  DD started getting caught in the crib rails so we had her moved to a mat that they cover with her sheets.  Of course it might be just as cost effective to get a PNP.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"