3rd Trimester

Why do I continue to bother?

I posted several months ago about a coworker of mine who is pregnant too--she is due around April 30th-May 4th..I swear every time I talk to her I ask how she is feeling, about the baby, etc..We just had a conversation and I realized I was volunteering information to her--size of my little girl, her positioning, how I was feeling..but she never asks!! I sometimes wonder if some people were raised by wolves I swear! Mini vent over..lol..I really need to learn my lesson here cause I'm tired of talking to her and feeling like it's all one-sided..

Re: Why do I continue to bother?

• Then stop asking her. No one is forcing you to be all up in her pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry, but I'm guilty of that as well.  I dont mind hearing about other people's pregnancies, but I'm usually not as forthcoming about sharing unless I'm asked.  And if the person passes, I'll ask how they are doing, but that's about it.  I dont do it intentionally, but I feel really uncomfortable assuming everyone always wants to talk about their pregnancies and progress.  I never know if something has happened or someone is sensitive to something or having a bad day, etc...so I try to keep my mouth shut unless they offer it up.  I wouldn't take it personally.
  • Loading the player...
  • My best friend of 12 years calls me and goes on and on about her life but if I mention anything of mine she quickly changes the subject back to her. Just letting you know your not alone :)
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe she doesn't really like sharing that info herself?  I mean, I'll answer people's questions but I would never ask them because it feels so nosey.  Everyone has different levels of what is appropriate to share and ask. 
  • dojo1dojo1 member
    Maybe she feels your questions are invasive so she doesn't respond in kind?  If she doesn't seem into chatting baby with you, pick a new topic.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was actually walking around my office and I just felt like I couldn't walk past her cubicle without asking how she was doing since we are both pg at the same time..I was being courteous....as far as me asking too much or being too involved in her pg--she stops at my desk too and will talk but it's always about her and she never asks how I am doing..I decided today that I am not saying anything to her anymore..thanks for listening..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"