Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Sleep Regression?

LO is just over 8 months and the past week has been hell.  She won't lay down for naps- nothing has changed, same routine, she just gets up and stands there and stands there and stands there.  Eventually she'll get tired and start screaming and if I put her paci in she would lay down.  At night, she's waking up 5-6 times. She's been a great sleeper so I'm not sure what to do.  If I let her CIO (tried last night) she will finally fall asleep and then wake up 5 minutes later. If I rock her to sleep, she wakes up as soon as she hits the mattress and starts screaming again. I got up no less than 6 times last night and this has been going on for 4 days now. She's not cutting a tooth, she doesn't have an ear infection, she's well fed and changed when I put her down and when I check on her in the middle of the night. I'm losing my sanity in a serious way. What do I do?! When will it end?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep Regression?

• Options

We were going through that too. DS wasn't napping, waking a ton at night. We swaddled DS from birth to 5 months then stopped. Just now, we tried doing it again and sleeping is getting easier for him. He's back to naps, though maybe not as long as they used to be, nonetheless, a nap!

DS cried ONE night for two hours and that was the worst. We vowed to never do that again. I don't know what happens or why they do it...growing pains, separation anxiety? DS's separation anxiety is getting bad...very clingy now.

You're not alone...it will slow down. For us, it was when we started swaddling him again. Who knew?! GL...thinking of ya!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers JAN09-Oct09: TTC Naturally. OCT09: HSG- Normal NOV09: Round 1 Clomid 50mg CD5-9= BFN DEC09: Round 2 Clomid 100mg CD5-9= BFN JAN10: Round 3 Clomid 100mg CD3-7= BFN FEB10: Round 4 Clomid 150mg CD5-9= BFN SA= 120 million, 54% Motility, 7% Morphology. JUN10: Round 5 Clomid, IUI, unsuccessful. JUL10: DONE & FED UP. OCT10: Started Integrative Reiki Energy Therapy. NOV 05, 2010: BFP! SEPT 20, 2012: BFP! More Reiki and Baby Z #2 is on his way! Due May 29, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"