Babies: 0 - 3 Months

RNP and bouncer

We have a bouncer, my 4 week old is not crazy about it. She will sit in it for a few minutes before she starts to fuss.  Im thinking about getting a RNP to see how she likes it.  Is that overkill?  Are a bouncer and a RNP essentially the same thing?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RNP and bouncer

• Definately not the same thing. My LO hates his bouncer and LOVES his RNP

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
    TTC our first miracle since November 2010
    BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • We have both.  Not the same.  RnP is the only way my LO will nap most of the time.  But she still sleeps in the pack n play at night, so she's not completely spoiled to the RnP.  I love it.  Its easily portable, so we pack it to my parents and in laws and various other places where we might want to lay her down for a nap but keep her close by.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sold!! Thanks for the feedback.  I should have bought stock in Amazon and UPS when I got pregnant - all I do is find excuses to buy baby things online all day long.  ;-)
  • I totally agree that they are different and you NEED both - haha I am feeding your baby shopping obession :) But seriously, the RNP is for sleeping, it seems, and the bouncer is for entertainment and just hanging out (and sometimes they fall asleep esp. if it is vibrating). My DS is a but spoiled by the RNP though - he sleeps in it most of the time, for naps and at night. He has had some gas issues so I like the incline, it seems to help. He sleeps so well in it though - we have the PNP next to it and I now use it to store his swaddles,blankets and burp cloths, lol! I so wish they had the RNP when my other 2 were babies and it is sooo easily portable, much better than the PNP. We will be moving him to his crib around 6-8 weeks so hope that goes well. He likes to chill in there now and watch his mobile, so he has been exposed to it some. Anyway, keep trying with the bouncer when she is awake. She may decide she likes it later. All of mine hated the swing at first and then fell in love with it around 7 weeks or so, so sometimes it takes time.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageRedsoxchick:
    Definately not the same thing. My LO hates his bouncer and LOVES his RNP

this

• imagekarent7205:
    keep trying with the bouncer when she is awake. She may decide she likes it later.

This.  My LO absolutely hated the bouncer (we called it the "wake up chair"), but I would keep putting her in there occasionally just when I had to have two hands for something.  One day, she just decided she loved it, I think it was around 8 weeks.  She still won't nap in there or stay long, but it entertains her for 20-30 minutes once a day.

And, agree w/ all pp, RNP is awesome.  My LO won't nap in it but she sleeps in it at night. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"