2nd Trimester

Honey mustard...

Ok so I've been craving  ham sub from subway with honey mustard on it for like 2 weeks. I'd get the ham heated but is the honey mustard ok to eat? I looked up the ingredients and it does say "egg yolk" but says nothing about being pasteurized....what does everyone think? I would think its ok since its at a chain restaurant...?

Thanks!

Re: Honey mustard...

• I have never thought about questioning honey mustard.  I eat it all the time (usually at least once a week).  Honestly, if something isn't on the list my OB gave me of foods to avoid, or foods to limit, I don't worry about.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Sorry but I'm not sure if the honey mustard is ok to eat, but I know how you feel because I really want a subway sandwich but I'm scared of eating cold deli meats, I'd rather not have it toasted, but I guess if that's the only safe way to eat it I might try it.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Homemade honey mustard or Caesar and the like are what you have to watch out for. The pre-packaged stuff sold at chain restaurants is fine.
    Bravado Bras at Nurtured FamilyBabyFruit Tickerimageimage
  • I eat Subway, without it being heated... my OB said it's fine in moderation, so I wouldn't be concerned about the Honey Mustard. I really haven't curbed what I eat since being prego, and baby is just fine!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I believe it was in the "What would you eat for 24 hours if you could eat anything" post yesterday about cold cuts. Someone said they live on the edge and eat cold cut sandwiches. This is me too, lol. I have had subway's cold cut trio probably 3 times this pregnancy and my own turkey (deli meat) sandwiches at home probably 2 times. As PP said, if it's not on the list of "Don'ts" - I don't worry about it. Obviously I make an exception with the deli meats on occasion...and hell, I had queso blanco once or twice now. Embarrassed 
  • imagemswood1977:
    I have never thought about questioning honey mustard.  I eat it all the time (usually at least once a week).  Honestly, if something isn't on the list my OB gave me of foods to avoid, or foods to limit, I don't worry about.

exactly! I was a food worry wart the firstt 20 weeks! Then I realized how much i was over reacting with stuff. Not about raw eggs or unpasturized cheese, but with everything else lol!  I have had mustard of all kinds about 100 times in the last month and no problems here!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image image
  • HUH? What is wrong with eating honey mustard???
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"