Babies: 3 - 6 Months

is my four month old teething?

My four month old is obsessed with having his fingers in his mouth, he drools through every outfit and bib i put on him but i still dont feel any teeth coming in!

I got him a "newbie" teether and it is his favorite toy, he screams if he drops it. He is my first child so i have no idea if this is normal, or what is going on? He seems to be extra fussy this past week and everyone tells me its bc he is cutting teeth,  but like i said i dont feel a thing!!

someone help me LOL ! 

Re: is my four month old teething?

• I am a FTM too however My DD is doing the same thing. My dr said they can go through this process of drooling ect... for a month or longer befor we see teeth. Good luck and hopefully the pearly whites will pop soon.Big Smile
  • Could be teething but it's a pretty normal thing for all babies around this age. Mine has been doing it since 2 months and she doesnt have any teeth yet
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My boy is not even sixteen weeks old, and he's been behaving the same exact way.  Sure enough, there's a tiny tooth on the bottom left breaking through that I probably would not have noticed if my daycare provider hadn't pointed it out to me, simply because I didn't think he could be teething yet.
  • I just asked about this at the doctor's on Tuesday.... since my little guy has been a drooling machine since 3 months....  It's because they are getting ready for solids and most likely teeth are slowly coming down..even though it could take awhile to pop out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD has been doing the same thing. I asked our pedi he said it could be but that babies at this age put everything in their mouth because they're exploring things. So she discovered her hands and those go in her mouth. Anything she finds go in her mouth now.
  • Our pedi said that B is certainly teething and oh boy, he's been such a stinker lately! Hes constantly fussing unless he is chewing on your fingers or his own. He even chews on his pacifier and bottles now. Baby oragel has helped and chewing on whatever he likes. Poor dude...I feel so bad for him.
  • Mine is the same way, my older son did the same thing and got his first teeth shortly before 4 months. I remember it took awhile, like a month of teething for them to come in. I think the first teeth are the worst.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"