Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I'm exhausted and need advice!

DD is almost 5 mos. She goes down around 8 and wakes up 4hrs later on the dot. She will only go back to sleep after a bottle. Then she wakes up 3hrs later, not hungry but won't go back to sleep unless I bring her into our bed. I might get another hour out of her there. I know she's not getting enough sleep because she's pretty cranky during the day. There was one magical night where she slept 10hrs straight and she woke up smiling and was in the best mood all day! I tried CIO, but she just works herself up into a frenzy, starts rolling around her crib until she's on her belly in a corner screaming like she's being murdered. I can't leave her like that!

Anyone else have a baby like this? I'm at the end of my rope! 

TTC since 12/07 Me: 33, no known issues DH: 33, azoospermia 1 Failed IVF/no transfer 3 transfers, 1 fresh, 2 FET, ALL c/p 3rd IVF: It's a GIRL!!! 7lbs., 3oz., 19.5 inches of perfection! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm exhausted and need advice!

• Options

My DD is 4mths...I'm going through the SAME exact thing except my issue is with naps. My DD sleeps pretty good through out the night she wakes up 2-3x to eat and goes right back to sleep. I usually wake up two hrs later put her back in her crib and go back to my bed.I have been reading books like CRAZY trying to find the best solution. I wont do CIO, tried once and it broke my heart. 2 books I really recommend are

-The 90min sleep program: Basically babies have a sleep/wake cycle 90mins from the time LO woke up they are ready for sleep again. Doesnt matter if the just had a 3hr. nap for a 30min nap.. 90mins from whatever time. Got it on Amazon for Kindle PC for $8 (kindle PC is free on Amazon)

-Baby codes 101 winning combinations to help your baby seep: Its short entry's or tips and tricks to get baby to sleep easily,longer and better. The Aurthur is a stay at home dad of 3(I think) It feels like you having a Convo. w/ him rather then reading. I read it one day with the spare time I had. $5 on Amazon for Kindle PC

Between these Two Books and a Vacuum cleaner CD i just got My DD has been sleeping like an angle after about a Month of fighting to go to sleep and then only sleeping for 10mins. Its only been a couple days now but I have already seen an improvement in her sleep and I feel much more knowledgeable when trying to tackle Bed time..

Good Luck!!

Hope this helps a Little :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Time for sleep training.  Every baby has to eventually learn how to fall asleep and stay asleep, the longer you wait the harder it will be for you both.

Whether you do the cry it out method, the 5 minute intervals or whatever, you and your baby will both benefit from it.  I know it seems terrible, awful and impossible to do, but once you do it (and in less than a week after you start you'll have a totally different baby) you'll wonder why it took you so long to start.

It took us 1 night to sleep train our daughter and she's amazing now.  Loves her crib and once she learned how to fall asleep, she slept the whole night.  This was a 4 time a night waker before sleep training.  

Sorry to be the advocate, but if you're at the end of your rope, this is a good solution.  Good luck, but if you try to do the sleep training, make sure your husband is on board and hire a babysitter for the first night.  It's brutal, but you can do it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i can totally feel your pain. jw is four months and a week and the sleep schedule is killing me! He just now is falling asleep routinely around 930, but wakes up 3-4 hours later no matter what for a bottle. He then falls back asleep and wakes up 2-3 hours later and just wants cuddled and to fall back asleep in my arms. He is then up around 7 and stays awake till about 930, then takes another nap till about 12. I am losing my mind and dont know what else i can do! I have tried sleep methods and they will work for that night but then the next day he is right back to it! Let me know if things get bettr for you bc i wanna know how you did it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"