Pregnant after IF

Well, this is embarrassing

Ok, please tell me I'm not alone. First of all, DH and I aren't having many relations right now. I'd like to get some more reassuring u/s reports before jumping back into things (rational? maybe not). But apparently my body has other ideas. Last night, for like the 3rd time since my BFP, I had a little too much fun in my dreams and I was jolted awake by The Big O. LOL

I wouldn't really mind, except each time this has happened, it's quickly followed by bad cramping. Sort of like AF-cramps, but they subside after a few minutes. 

I mean, there's nothing I can really do to stop it, but it freaks me out! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Well, this is embarrassing

• ::raiseshand::Embarrassed you are not alone.DH and I haven't had relations since my ER Jan 26th!! Since my SCH hasn't cleared up I am advised on no intercourse until it does.

The first time it happened it really freaked me out because I had bad cramps after but it happened about two more time without the cramps, but it still freaks me out but oh well I guess my body needs to get some! Also when it first happened I sought Dr. Googles advice and apparently this is very common early in preganancy..Who knew!?

Dx: PCOS, Anovulatory, Amenorrhea 2006
    TTC: Sept 2008
    IVF#1 Cancelled due to breast biopsy.05/01/20

IVF#1.2- 9/2010 - Cancelled Oversurpressed

IVF#2 Microdose Lupron 10/2010 Beta 11/09=BFN
    IVF#3 2/2011 - 2 blasts(2/25) Beta 03/11 =BFN
    IVF#4 Lupron 01/02 =2 blasts, beta's 1-4 198,234,398,3100!!BFP
    FET 3/2014 2 blasts BETA 3/20=BFP TWINS EDD 11/27 TEAM PINK!!!                   

• DH and I have not in....a long time. I know it's unlikely it will cause anything bad to happen but I admit I'm scared to death. MY OB told me that s.emen has hormones in it that can cause contractions, as well as when a woman o.rgasms, the same hormones are released. It took so long to get here I don't want to do anything that risks losing them.
    8 IUI's, 2 IVF's, 1 FET = twins! EDD 9/14/12
    **formerly mrsgcal**
  • Loading the player...
  • imageamaksym05:

::raiseshand::Embarrassed you are not alone.DH and I haven't had relations since my ER Jan 26th!! Since my SCH hasn't cleared up I am advised on no intercourse until it does.

The first time it happened it really freaked me out because I had bad cramps after but it happened about two more time without the cramps, but it still freaks me out but oh well I guess my body needs to get some! Also when it first happened I sought Dr. Googles advice and apparently this is very common early in preganancy..Who knew!?

Yeah, I've been googling this morning & it looks like it's very common. Too funny. I hope if this keeps up the cramping stops -- so not fun!

• Oh jeez, that must have really freaked you out!  DH and I haven't done very much (read this, I've gotten nothing, and he's gotten maybe a tiny bit more than nothing ;-) ) since my ER.  I'm irrationally afraid we'll "mess up" the pregnancy.  But, I've also got zero desire to do anything -- so I haven't had any crazy dreams I can share with you!  

The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm embarrassed to admit that this has happened to me 3 times as well. We haven't done anything "fun"in qquite awhile and likely won't until next week. The dreams wake me up after the event is ....over, and I do have cramping. I'm glad you brought it up because I thought I was strange!
    TTC since 12/2009
    Me: 34 Him: 40 
    Dx: Severe MFI (low count)
    IVF #1 : BFN
    IVF #2 : BFP
    2 Snowbabies
    It's a GIRL! 

TTC #2 since 9/2014
    FET #1:  BFN
    FET #2:  BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't be embarrased, you're definitely not alone!
  • The same thing has happened to me during my pregnancy (I'm now almost 29 weeks),  I would cramp afterwards.  I think it is just due to all the extra hormones and blood supply down there, it is embarrassing though!!
    *****PAIFW/ SAIFW***** Me 28 DH 28 MFI- told IVF only choice Me-Anovulatory, HSG-clear 3/11 IVF-1 converted to IUI due to 3 dominant follicles-BFN IVF 1.1 ER:6/28 27 eggs 17 fertilized ICSI ET:7/1 2: 8 cell embryos 15 frosties Beta: 7/12-BFN FET:3 day transfer 3 embryos BFP! Beta 10dp3=87 Beta 13dp3=301 Beta 17dp3=1776 Ultrasound 6weeks 3 days 1 hearbeat of 125bpm and a gestational sacBravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Yup...totally had this happen! DH told me he would try to be less attractive at night, as he was sure that was the problem. The cramps were so intense and scary- they were way down in my pubic bone.  It happened every few nights between 4-7 weeks, but I haven't had any "moments" since then. Although, I think my libido is way down due to the intense m/s. I'm so scared to have an O now! I don't want anymore cramps!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• imageRuthie04:
    Yup...totally had this happen! DH told me he would try to be less attractive at night, as he was sure that was the problem. The cramps were so intense and scary- they were way down in my pubic bone.  It happened every few nights between 4-7 weeks, but I haven't had any "moments" since then. Although, I think my libido is way down due to the intense m/s. I'm so scared to have an O now! I don't want anymore cramps!

Hahahahahahaha...that is too, too funny!  It's awful, since the first two times it happened, I go to bed every night hoping it doesn't happen again. It had been a good 2 weeks or so since the last episode, so hopefully I'll get another couple weeks reprieve. 

• This has been happening to me as well! 

• DH and I haven't done the deed since the middle of our IVF cycle in August and we can't do it until I get my cerclage out at 37 weeks.  :(  Poor guy!!!! 

In the meantime, I have made up for lost time by having relations with the most random people in my dreams...guys, girls, my boss, you name it, I've dreamt about them!  So embarassing, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

I do have a contraction or two after O but they stop so I try not to worry too much about it.  It's not like I can help it and my Dr. said Os are fine. 

TTC Since 10/08 4 IUIs=BFNx4
    IVF#1=BFP!! Twins!!
    Bradley and Billy born and lost on 2/2/11 at 19w2d due to pPROM/PTL. I miss you, little angels.
    IVF#2=BFN
    IVF#3=c/p IVF#4=Empty Follicle Syndrome; 1 mature, fertilized, & made it to blast. 5dt of "the lone ranger" on 9/6. Please stick, little one! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh yes, I have absolutely had that. We actually didn't end up doing the deed until maybe at 15 weeks (much too freaked out and also feeling crappy, plus my SCH). Luckily I had those great nighttime awakenings to keep me going ;) I think orgasming releases oxytocin, which can cause contractions/cramping, but it's not sustained, so it's perfectly fine (as long as you're not on pelvic rest). Also, I have no idea how one would stop those dreams...
  • imagemoosegal:

imageRuthie04:
    Yup...totally had this happen! DH told me he would try to be less attractive at night, as he was sure that was the problem. The cramps were so intense and scary- they were way down in my pubic bone.  It happened every few nights between 4-7 weeks, but I haven't had any "moments" since then. Although, I think my libido is way down due to the intense m/s. I'm so scared to have an O now! I don't want anymore cramps!

Hahahahahahaha...that is too, too funny!  It's awful, since the first two times it happened, I go to bed every night hoping it doesn't happen again. It had been a good 2 weeks or so since the last episode, so hopefully I'll get another couple weeks reprieve. 

I know, right? I didn't have the heart to tell him he wasn't always in the dreams ;). Apparently, dream Ruthie is pretty adventurous!!  

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• I also had incredibly vivid sex dreams throughout 1st tri and into 2nd tri.  I would get really bad cramping any time I o'd.  It's supposedly not dangerous, but it still freaked me out so we hardly ever did it.  I don't know about 3rd tri, because we pretty much gave up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You're not alone! But the cramps are because orgasms cause uterine contractions, so that's what you're feeling. Hopefully they don't last l
    Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • You're not alone! But the cramps are because orgasms cause uterine contractions, so that's what you're feeling. Hopefully they don't last long. Keep a glass of water on your night table!
    Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • You are definitely not alone. This just happened to me the other morning. It was pretty startling and strange! But yeah, totally normal ;)
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • DH and I haven't had relations since early January (before any IVF stuff started).  RE gave us the okay a couple weeks ago, but I only feel non-nauseous in the morning and he doesn't like morning nookie.  I hope he changes his mind about that!

I've had the Big O dreams a few times!  No cramping afterward, though.  I'm worried that I may be "talking" or making some sort of noise while dreaming and DH can tell I am having a dream like that.  I hope not!

Wedding Bio
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
    Jeep Doll = Jeepie Doll
    April Siggy: April Shower with Gerard Butler mmmmmm
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"