Cloth Diapering

Prepping Advise

I am trying to prep all my diapers,have read the FAQ's but still have too many questions. 

Is there an online resource that you would recommend?  

I have a mixture of prefolds, fitted and pockets that I want to prep together, but I see where I must prep the prefold and other separately.  What else do I need to prep differently or can I wash the remainder together.    

This is my current inventory:

12.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

• 1 dozen prefolds
  • 2 Kissaluvs Organic Cotton/Hemp (Fitted Diapers)
  • 1 Kissaluvs Cotton(Fitted Diapers)
  • 5 FuzziBunz newborns with microfiber inserts
  • 3 Thirsties Duo Wrap
  • 6 Charlie Banana with microfiber inserts
  • 3 Gdiapers
  • 5 small FuzziBunz plus   Inserts
Thanks for any help

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Prepping Advise

• The covers, pockets and microfiber only need to be washed once to get the factory dust off. I never dried my PUL to seal it and it works fine. Boil the hemp fitted and the g cloth (if you have it) for 20 minutes then wash and dry.  Wash and dry the prefolds a bunch of times. I think I did 2 regular and a quick wash before I started using them. They shrunk more as they got used but were plenty absorbant.
  • Disregard my advise on the hemp fitted, I forgot you shouldn't boil snaps. I think you can wash it a couple times with towels on hot.
  • Loading the player...
  • I threw in all my "natural fibers" cotton/hemp/bamboo in with towels and sometimes even clothing - and a few washes all by themselves. (using diaper safe detergent, until I had washed them a minimum of 7 times.  They should reach maximum absorbency at around 10 washes.  Don't boil anything with PUL or snaps.

Anything synthetic, pockets, microfiber etc just needs to be washed once to get "manufacturing remnants" off of them (dust etc)

If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagefullogirl:

I am trying to prep all my diapers,have read the FAQ's but still have too many questions. 

Is there an online resource that you would recommend?  

There is a book out now https://www.kellyscloset.com/Changing-Diapers-Book_c_947.html or you can visit www.theclothdiaperwhisperer.com  Great Web page with hundreds of articles all about cloth diapering.  Cottonbabies.com also has beginner tutorials.  If you want to visit the web pages, you will probably learn more than the book has to offer, but some people just like having a book in their hands.

If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree, wash your microfibers once, and set them aside.

For natural fibers, I never had the patience to boil, the washer was easier for me.  Put your water on the highest level, and I add a TINY bit of Dawn for the first wash.  (Like half a teaspoon tiny.) Then I do 4 more wash/rinse cycles with no detergent.  

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"