3rd Trimester

GTT question

Okay, so long story short, my OB sent me for my GTT at 23 weeks because I was showing abnormally high amounts of sugar in my samples at the office. Thankfully, I passed the GTT and didn't really think much of it seeing as I passed. At every visit to my OB since passing I have shown high sugar levels in my samples. They are making me do the 1 hour GTT again at 30 weeks. Anyone experience something similar?

My mom said that they same thing happened to her when she was pregnant with myself and my two sisters. However, she is the only one who has had this experience that I know of so far....

Thanks in advance! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: GTT question

• I didn't have to do an early test but I think that's fairly standard.  A lot of people have one early due to concerns like yours, family history, GD in a previous pregnancy, etc. and they still want them to have another one at the normal time to make sure things haven't changed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I, myself, didn't go through it but I have actually heard of a lot of pple that have. I think it's pretty normal. If they suspect it - they do the test and if it continues - they do it again at a later time to check and make sure all is well. 

Good Luck! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"