Parenting

explain the Easter Bunny

so cookies and milk get left out for Santa

we're going to dye eggs but those are for us to eat

please tell me how you explain the purpose/point of dyed easter eggs 

Re: explain the Easter Bunny

• We dye them and leave them in the fridge.  The Easter Bunny hides them in the yard for them to find (really DH gets up about 45 minutes before they do and does it.)  They search right away, and it's usually chilly here, so we still can eat them.  EB puts out tons of plastic ones too.  We have to dye them because they'd break if the bunny had to bring his own and carry that many.  :)
    Jenni ~~Alex & Avery ~~ 6/13/06~~Adam ~~3/26/08

• MrsSRMrsSR member

We don't do the Easter Bunny.

We do dye eggs and hide them though.  It's just a fun thing to do to celebrate the end of Lent and the start of Easter.

• Loading the player...
  • I am of no help my almost 7 year old pointed out a couple of weeks ago "really, mom, a large bunny that hops around from house to house leaving candy and gifts, really, mom?"
    Patty Matt 4/7/05 and Sean 12/14/06 image
  • Cny- you tell your son to pipe down that is exactly what happens!  :)
  • imagecnybride2be:
    I am of no help my almost 7 year old pointed out a couple of weeks ago "really, mom, a large bunny that hops around from house to house leaving candy and gifts, really, mom?"
    lol
  • We dye the eggs and eat them ourselves. It's just a fun activity to do. The girls dye a special one just for the Easter Bunny that we leave out for him on Easter night to eat. Which is kind of strange....a bunny eating an egg....
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • imagefredalina:
    Eh what's the "point" of decorating a Christmas Tree? Both come from pagan holiday rituals and have nothing to do with the Christian holiday they're affiliated with. They're just fun traditions now.

Exactly.

Everytime the boys bring up "Easter," a.k.a. Resurrection Sunday, because they're excited about candy, candy, candy, I ask them if they remember why we celebrate it.  We did a little home bible study about it last night. 

But I know when that morning comes and they're running around filling their baskets, their minds will be on the sugar, not their eternal life.  But, they're kids. 

We dye the eggs, the bunny hides them around 5:30 am, and when they wake up, they find their baskets (with treats inside) and then run to refill them.  Then they get a piece of candy for each egg they collect.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • We just decorate our for fun and leave them out as a decoration. They've been out since last weekend. The Easter bunny does not hide those eggs.
  • DH's fam hid the real eggs too.  I say we MUST hide plastic eggs (or me/my kids are NOT eating them!).

The Easter bunny paints kids in DH's family (odd, I know), and hides Easter baskets and eggs around the house.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"