Toddlers: 24 Months+

Those who traveled by air with your LO

Did you bring a carseat onboard or bought CARES to strap your LO in the seat, or did you just strap them in with the arlined lap belt? For someone reason I thought a carseat or approved harness is required but now Ive done my researched it just says recommended. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Those who traveled by air with your LO

• Just strapped him into the seat with normal lap belt 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • normal seatbelt. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When DS was younger than 2 I kept him in my lap but now we put strap him in the airline seat.
    m/c 2013
  • We just came back from vacation and we used her carseat bc we rented a car as well!
  • just in the seat with the lap belt.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We've done the CARES strap and the carseat.  Will be doing the CARES harness or seat belt from here on out.  She's 2 1/2 now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Regular seat belt.  We have a Radian car seat, which folds and can be checked with the luggage so we still had it for the rental car.  It was great to have her seat but not have to lug it through the airport & on the plane.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went on a 10 hour flight when DS was 20 months and the airline provided a car seat.
  • Normal belt. We checked car seat upon arrival to airport. We purchased a car seat bag from Walmart. We even through some stuff in there, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• imageNovem06:
    Just strapped him into the seat with normal lap belt 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We just used the lap belt.  he didn't really stay in it, since he is so active.  He went from my lap to DH's lap and back the whole time.  Except for when he fell asleep.  Then he was across both our laps.  He was 16-18 months at the time.  He flew with DH alone again at about 24 months.  Just used the lap belt.  Still would not sit in it.  I think the carseat would have just made him angry and scream, alienating all the other passengers.  He is a good traveler.
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We did car seats for both kids.  We do have them in the car for 3-4 hour road trips once a month or so to see their grandparents, so they were used to sitting in them for longer periods of time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS has flown twice now with just the lap belt.  So much easier than lugging his carseat through the airport, especially since our most recent trip was just DS and me.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"