Natural Birth
Options

Positioning baby for labor

I ask only because multiple people have said to me "maybe he's not in position". The last 2 days I've had intense contractions at night that seem to turn off at 6 AM like clockwork. I've experienced a lot more during the day today, but not at all regular. Is there much else to do besides pelvic tilts, short inversions, or knee to chest? I've been doing all consistently for awhile, now, on the off chance he was still posterior (they said he wasn't at my appoint last week). I've also done lunges, squats, and what moves I can remember from my last Dancing for Birth class. I know sometimes this is just how it goes, I'm mostly annoyed because I can't go anywhere as using the clutch seems to set off contractions and DD and I are usually busy people!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Positioning baby for labor

• Options
    Have you considered seeing a chiropractor and/or doing acupuncture? 
  • Options

Have you tried the Miles Circuit?  It includes knee to chest an a few other things intended to be done in order. 

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

curb walking/side lunges, crawl around on h&k

I hope that all this pre-labor means an easy one for you C! 

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    Ditto to chiro (Webster technique) and acupuncture (moxibustion), but I would only do them if baby is not in the proper position, so you'd want to check that out with your provider. Belly Mapping (for sale at spinningbabies.com) might help you asses, too. In all honesty, though the contractions are so irritating, I wonder if you body is just trying to cue you into taking it easy and store up your strength (albiet while toning your uterus and getting it ready). GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"