Toddlers: 24 Months+

Sleep schedule for your 2.5-3 yr old?

Hi moms,

Just wondering what your 2.5 to 3 yr olds are doing with sleep. 

- wake up time in the a.m.? 

- what time does your LO go to bed?

- do they still nap? If so, how long?

Thanks so much--- trying to work through some bedtime issues. :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep schedule for your 2.5-3 yr old?

• Tegan will be 2.5 in early June and here is her current sleep schedule:

Down for the night between 7 and 8 PM (typically closer to 7 than 8)

On weekdays I wake her up at 6:00 AM for daycare

On weekends she sleeps till 7 AM, sometimes later

She takes a 1.5-3 hour nap (average is 2 hours) from about 11:30/12 to 1:30/2ish

• wake up- 8am

nap- 1-4pm

bedtime-  8pm

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • Wake up 5-630 am

bed time 730

wakes about around 2-3am

and then wakes up for the day around around 5-630

Tim just turned 2.5

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yaleyale member

Wakeup around 6:00, give or take 30 minutes.

Bedtime 7:00

Naptime is a struggle (always has been). He goes down around 1:00, if he naps, it's usually an hour, tops. But we always leave him in his room for an hour.

• We've also had many bedtime issues, but he's been sleeping really well since Thanksgiving.  We brush teeth and start reading books around 7:30, and he's in bed around 8.  He usually falls asleep right away.  I wake him up around 6:30 on weekdays and naps from 1-3.  He doesn't/won't nap on weekends, so we let him sleep in.  He usually sleeps until 7:30-8:00.
  • imageJulesFo:

Hi moms,

- wake up time in the a.m.? Between 6:30-7:15  

- what time does your LO go to bed? 8, usually doesn't fall asleep until 8:30-9 recently

- do they still nap? If so, how long. Yes, for 1.5-3 hours depending on the day

Thanks so much--- trying to work through some bedtime issues. :) 

• bedtime 8:30 but I hear her talking until almost 9

wake up :around 7-7:30

nap: 1:30ish (sometimes talks to herself until 2) and naps for 2 hours.   

• DS1 will be 2.5 in april,

He usually wakes up around 7:30am

Has a nap around 2-4pm

Then he goes down around 8-8:30 

Katrina & David June 9, 2007

Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

Big brother Luke
    Little brother Zachary
  • DS will be 3 in June.  These are his sleep times on a normal day.

Bedtime is between 7 and 7:30 

Wakes up between 6 and 7.  He'll play in his crib a bit before I get him.  I generally don't get him out until 7.

Naps for 1 1/2 - 3 hours.  Usually from 12-2 or 3ish.  Days he goes to school he doesn't nap until 1:30 and will sleep until 4ish.  I wake his up at 4 if he's not up yet.  

• Thanks, ladies!!

• up between 7 and 10 (she goes to bed at the same time every night, but wake up varies a lot!)

nap 12-2:30

bed between 7 and 8 (depends on when DH gets home from work so he can spend some time with her) 

• imageJulesFo:

Hi moms,

- wake up time in the a.m.? 6:45-7:30am

- what time does your LO go to bed? 7:30-8:00pm

- do they still nap? If so, how long? Goes down between 1-2pm, sleeps for 1-2 hours

Thanks so much--- trying to work through some bedtime issues. :)  Good luck!

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
  • Both of my girls go to bed around 7:30-8 and sleep until 7-7:30. Neither of them naps. If my 2.5 year old takes even a 5-10 minute car nap she can't fall asleep before around midnight and is an overtired mess the entire next day. This also happens if we miss her tired window in the evenings. We have to keep to a very rigid sleep schedule with her or it takes days to recover.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • - wake up time in the a.m.? Mon-Friday i have to get her up at 530; weekends she wakes when she wakes- generally around 12 hours after she goes down for the night.

- what time does your LO go to bed? Sunday-Thursday 7:15 (20 min routine means she's usually asleep by 7:45 or 8); weekends we'll let her stay up till 8 but she usually doesn't make it.

- do they still nap? If so, how long? 2 hour naps at school, 2-3 hour naps at home (she'll skip a nap maybe twice a month on weekends)

click the pic (blog)
  • DS will be 2.5 at the end of May. Here is our schedule:

On a normal day he goes to bed anywhere from 6:15-7. The shorter the nap that day, the earlier he goes down. He wakes for the day around 7ish, give or take a little. He naps 5ish or so hours after waking so usually 12-12:30ish, but usually doesn't nap for much longer than an hour. That's why he's so tired so early, he has never been a great napper, but has always been a WONDERFUL night sleeper. I would rather have it that way if I had to choose!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2.5 yr old

Bed - 8

Wakes up Weekdays - 7-7:30

Wakes up Weekends - 8

Nap 12-2

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DS turned 3 in January

He generally gets up at 7am. At least that is when he comes out of his room.

Both kids go to bed between 7:30-8pm.

He does still nap - usually for 1.5-2 hours.

• Wake up at 7 am if going to daycare, when staying home on weekdays, usually awake around 7 ish but DH will sleep in until 8.   Weekends can range from 7 am to 8:45am.

Naps usually 1.5-2 hours long between 1 and 4 pm depends on hen he goes down for the nap.

Bedtime average is 8:30pm.

DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • - wake up time in the a.m.? It varies a bit, but generally between 7:00 and 7:30

- what time does your LO go to bed? - I try to have her in bed by 8:30 - used to be 8:00, but she successfully fought that.  :-)

- do they still nap? If so, how long? Yes, she naps about 1 1/2 - 2 hours usually right around noon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"