Natural Birth

Well, that was easy!

At today's OB visit I told my doctor that I chose hypnobirthing as my method.  Part of me was expecting weird looks but he was completely supportive and said he's had other patients use the method successfully.  Yay!  I did let him know that I do intend on having an IV heplock and because of my plan for cord blood donation, do want to have active management of the 3rd stage (increases amt collected as well as decreasing post partum hemorrhage...I just can't shake my medical education on those points) and that of course, with any complications, he is to do what is needed to keep me and my baby alive.  With some of the comments my coworkers were giving me about hypnobirthing, I kind of expected the same attitude from him so I was very happy to not have to defend my choice today.  Now I wait to find out if I passed my 1 hr gtt.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Well, that was easy!

• Cool! It's nice to get a response like that. My midwives were intrigued when I mentioned I wanted to do Hypnobabies at my last appointment. They haven't had many hypnobirths since around here there are more Bradley/Lamaze type classes. They were pleasantly intrigued though, and very supportive. Even suggested a doula that would probably be really on board with that. Made me laugh cuz it was the same doula we used last time and were planning on using again if we have one.

I'm kinda envious if you have a hypnobirthing class you'll get to attend. I can't find any closer than an hour from us and I'm just not up for that drive. Happy hypnobirthing! 

• At first it was hard to find someone on my side of town.  They apparently all cluster in the NE side of Portland and I live on the SW side.  Then someone told me about someone on our side of town which was awesome.  Especially since the last class was the night we got the snow.  So now we practice!

That's good that you already have a doula chosen.  I've opted to not get one only because I'll have my DH and our moms there for support and relief for DH.  I just didn't want one more person crowding the room.

• Loading the player...
  • Totally lurking but are you in Oregon? Can I ask how much your class was? We are planning a home birth and right now I'm listening to the Hypnobabies scripts... one of the instructors wanted $400 for the class which I am just not willing to spend! 

Thanks in advance! 

• It was $325, which is what the ones in NE were charging too I think.  So not much cheaper than the hypnobabies class but was worth it and it includes having a fear release session later on as I get closer to delivery and if necessary, a session to get my baby head down if she remains breech.  I've used the techniques to keep me calm when I find myself getting worked up at work.  And it's amazing how well it works for pooping.  Lol!  
  • hahah! I totally told my hubby to practice his birth partner scripts for pooping!! ;)

I think I am just too cheap to pay up for the class, although I"m sure I would benefit from it! Hard to justify since this will be my second time! Enjoy your classes!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"