Tricare Question- Help, Please! — The Bump
Military Families

Tricare Question- Help, Please!

My husband is six months out from his deployment (he's army national guard) and we're trying to switch over to tricare. We don't know where to start or what doctors to start looking at. How does tricare work in the 'civilian world'? On the website it says there are no providers in 100miles- is that possible? We are new to the Rochester area so we don't have any doctors here and really want to start settling in. Does anyone have any advice? I would really appreciate it!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Tricare Question- Help, Please!


    I'd just call. They usually give you a list or make suggestions for providers in your area.

  • Loading the player...
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you talking about Rochester, NY? That is where I am currently with LO while H is deployed. There are no PCM's that take TriCare Prime within 100+ miles. I've checked and checked. I do have Dr's that take TriCare Standard though and have had no issues. If you have questions you can PM me.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I would call tricare and see what you can do. They are pretty helpful for the most part, and if you get someone that doesn't seem to wanna help out just call again. It may be in your best interest to switch to standard if you have little to no options out there, but again thats something that you can discuss with tricare and see what your choices on the matter are! Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Since Summer 2011
    BFP #1 11/5/11 EDD 7/22/12 MC 11/14/11
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Tricare Prime Remote?
    Natural hospital birthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, Baby Led Weaning, milk donating, extended breastfeeding, fully vaxing, extended rear facing SAHM to:
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Call Tricare and ask who/where to send the request to move to Tri Care standard and you can use any civilian doctor. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • National Guard soldiers and their families use Tricare Reserve Select. I would start by calling Tricare for the information you need, then locate some physicians in your area and checking if they accept Tricare insurance.
    Mr & Mrs H. - It all began 10.21.09
    image Sasha & Melinda - Big Sisters!

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards