Babies: 9 - 12 Months

1st bday party idea/sugg Farm theme

I would love any ideas or suggestions for a 1 yr olds bday party, We are doing a farm theme and will be letting the kids have a small hay ride to see some horses and chickens on a friends farm. Most of the kids there are two and under however there will be some 5 and 6 yrs olds. My questions are:

What kind of activities (if any) would you have other than seeing horses/bday cake/presents?

Also what kinds of food would you have? We are doing an 11:00 party thought about pigs in a blanket but not sure what else!

TIA!!!! :)

Re: 1st bday party idea/sugg Farm theme

• We are doing the same theme! For food we are doing hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken on the grill. Then we'll do a few themed things for dessert - farm animal cake pops, cupcakes and cake. For snacks we're doing a "fruit patch" and a "vegetable garden" and some type of pasta salad and potatoes.

I saw a bunch of themed food for a farm party on Pinterest. We've gotten alot of things off of etsy too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think you need any special activities. I would get out some toys (balls and such). Let the kids run and play; that's all they want to do anyway.

• Loading the player...
  • If the weather's nice enough, you can always do a kiddie pool. Even if it's still a little cool, you can fill the kiddie pool with balls and use it as a ball pit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • You could do some sort of game where they match baby animals with their mamas. Our Target sell those rubber animals and you could use those and then convert them to take home prizes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • we are doing a pinata I think---haven't really decided

pin the animals in to the barn (found it at party city)

setting up a table and I got foam stampers and I'll lay out paper that kids can create their own pictures.  I also have tons of foam stickers of animals and farm scenes.  I'll also put crayons there. 

I also found on oriental trading they have these foam frames with stickers kids can create their own---so doing that. 

And they also had create your own animal balloon---I'll fill them up with helium (not too tight) and then they put stickers on them.  Should be cute. 

For food--haven't decided...kind of thinking sloppy joes and maybe chicken???  Hot dogs??  Not sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"