Special Needs

CDC new Autism numbers

Re: CDC new Autism numbers

• Wow.  I keep seeing the ad running with Tommy Hilfiger and the stat on that ad says 1 in 110 and I thought that was pretty impressive, 1 in 88... wow. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• How 1 in 88 isn't a declared public health crisis is beyond me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1 in 54 boys is astounding to me.  I want to know the why of the increase.  This rapid increase can't all be because of better detection...
  • imagelazysusan:
    1 in 54 boys is astounding to me.  I want to know the why of the increase.  This rapid increase can't all be because of better detection...

I heard this morning that they noted an increase in minorities (specifically, black and hispanic) and I think that might be because now, at least for the hispanic community, there's more awareness and it's less of something to "hide".  So they're more apt to get their children evaluated.  My mom actually has a friend who never had her son evaluated and now that he's 8, his school teachers have recommended it on account of all the difficulties he's having in a mainstream classroom.  Ironically, it's her conversations with my mom about our son that opened her eyes to what she now says she should have done with her son several years ago.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"