Blended Families
Options

Update on SS - edit pic's of the kids inside

So ever since he moved out: he's bought a car (his mom sent him money as she hasn't ever paid a dime of child support) and DH bought his tag/registration.  This was DH gift to him.  He moved in with his grandmother and has started smoking.  I'm a little disappointed because his grandfather (FIL) was just diagnosed with lung cancer and my father died from pulmonary issues.  SS is asthmatic and he has always worried about his mother (who is a heavy smoker).  The only thing I can think of is him trying to lose weight.  He had mentioned over the years that his mother smokes a lot to lose weight.  She's such a tool.  Whatever.Confused

I talked to him about it when I first found out.  He makes his own decisions so who knows what will happen.  Hopefully it's just a phase and he quits. 

He came to pick up some of his stuff over the weekend and greeted me nicely.  The kids were excited to see him and he stayed for almost an hour.  I know he's missed a couple of classes because his school sends automated absent notification via phone (the calls come to my cell) but that's his decision.  Hopefully he just hangs in there for the next 2 months and graduates.  I think he will. 

I reminded him of the 2 year old's birthday next weekend and I know he'll make it.

Re: Update on SS - edit pic's of the kids inside

• Options
    imagepiffle42:

Glad it seems to be going well.  Hope he figures out how to quit smoking though! 

My DS (he's almost 8) says that if he was President he would make smoking illegal, so hopefully I won't have to worry about him!

Unfortunately I promise you this means nothing. My SD used to thing smoking was gross and Elle's horrible and would act like she might die when he walked by smoke until she was probably 14/16 and started smoking at 16 and still smokes at 22. 

Flo, glad things are going ok, hopefully he will grow up quick.  

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

Well it sounds promising to me.

I was his age when I moved out so he can make it lol.

Is your baby two???  Jeeze what age are the twins?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"